Next Time I'm Giving Directions

We all quickly filed into the car and made it to Cassie's house after her frantic call. I wasn't exactly happy about it either. I had to leave my food behind. I was worried about her though, she sounded like she was in danger, and even though I wasn't too fond of her I didn't want her to get hurt or die.

When we arrived Cassie's mother was grabbing tea, and trying to calm her down, even though she looked to be freaking out a bit too.

"You didn't see who was driving the truck," Dean asked once they explained that the mysterious truck had made a visit to their house.

"There seemed to be no one," Cassie replied, sipping lightly at her tea. "I mean everything was just moving so fasst, and then it was just gone. Why didn't it kill us?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and said, ""Well it seems that whatever is controlling the truck wants you afraid first."

"Mrs. Robinson, Cassie said that your husband saw a truck before he died," Sam started to question the mother, gaining everyone's attention.It wasn't hard to see the worried expression that was on her face grow. Her eyes wide, eyebrows slightly lifted, and lips twitching.

"Mom," Cassie questioned.

Mrs. Robinson cleared her throat and said, "Uhm... Martin, he was under a lot of stress. Can't be sure what he was seeing."

"Well, I think after tonight we could reasonably assume he was actually seeing a truck," Dean said a little harshly.

I glanced at him and agreed, "He's right, you know what happened tonight means that you two have been marked. You could die, so if you know something I suggest you tell us now before that could happen."

"Dean, Devyn," Sam scolded us as Dean wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"Yes," Mrs. Robinson then spat out, "Yes, he said he saw a truck."

Our attention was brought back to her and Sam asked, "Did he know who owned the truck?'

"He thought he did," She explained vaguely.

"Who," Dean asked, leaning forward a bit.

"Syrus, a man named Syrus," She said with a shaky voice.

Sam, Dean, and I all shared a shocked look and Dean removed his arm from around my shoulders to reach for something in his pocket. It was the article he must have been reading to Sam and I over the phone earlier.

He held up the article to show Mrs. Robinson, "Is this Syrus," he asked her.

She quickly looked away from the article and said, "Syrus Dorian died more than forty years ago."

I looked up in confusion, "How do you know he died, this article says he went missing?"

We all looked at her expectantly, hoping she would finally shed some light on the situation, but she still was reluctant to tell us anything.

"How do you know he died," Dean questioned her again.

Mrs. Robinson let out a deep sigh, "I was dating Syrus at the time, and I was seeing Martin in secret of course. We were all really young, and a white woman with a black male, well, back then it didn't look good. When I broke it off with Syrus, and told him about Martin he changed. His hatred- his hatred was frightening."

"The string of murders," Sam said looking around the room at each of us.

Mrs. Robinson quickly interjected though, "There were rumors about people of color disappearing, and nothing was ever done. Martin and I we were gonna get married in the little church down the road, but the day we set to get married someone set the church on fire. There was a childrens choir practing in there. They all died."