This Is Real Sweetheart

I was slowly coming to as I heard a faint beeping sound coming from my right, and felt a pressure around my left hand. I opened my eyes, closing them immediately due to the bright lights above me. I let out a groan of pain, as I tried to move my arm to shield my eyes, as I tried to open them again. I looked over to my right to see a monitor beeping with my heart rate, then looking to my left to see a sleeping figure holding my hand. As I turned to my left though pain shot through my neck causing me to groan in pain again, this time louder.

The person holding my hand sat up, blinking a few times before their eyes landed on me,"Hey sweetheart," Dean said, worry in his eyes.

I couldn't help the fear that spiked in me causing my heart rate to elevate, as I tried to pull away from him, "No, no, no," I mumbled in fear.

Alarm crossed Dean's features as he realized I was afraid of him. I wasn't though, I wasn't afraid of him, it was the memories associated with his face."Hey, hey, It's me. The real Dean. I'm not gonna hurt you," Dean reassured me.

I couldn't help the sob that fell from my lips, as I looked at him, "I'm sorry. I'm not scared of you, I swear."

"Shh, it's okay," Dean soothed, brushing my hair out of my face, and tucking it behind me ear, "Try to relax, I'm gonna go tell the nurse you're awake, and then we can talk."

Dean released my hand as I said, "Okay," making his way to the nurses station outside your room.A few seconds later a short nurse came in and asked me, "How you doing honey, what's your level of pain."

I couldn't help but wince as my whole body ached, "7," I croaked.

"Okay, I will get you some more pain meds, and hopefully that will help dull the ache," she said leaving to go get the medicine, appearing a few moments later to give it to me through my IV."There you go, should kick in shortly. Try to rest your voice. Your vocal cords are still bruised from the incident," I nodded to her as she left.As soon as she left Dean was at my side again, taking my hand in his.

"Where is Sam?" I asked, confused.

"He went to go clean up the motel, he should be back soon," Dean explained.

"Dean," I said, meeting his eyes, "how did that thing know all that stuff about you?"

He sighed looking to the ground collecting his thoughts before responding, "He was a shapeshifter, but when he turned into each person he gained all of their thoughts, memories, feelings. How did he get to you?"

I took a deep breath blinking a few times trying to remember the events that only happened a couple hours ago, "I - he came over saying he wanted to apologize- apologize for what he had said the day before. What you had said in the car. He, uhm, he told me...." I paused, tears appearing in my eyes, but also scared to relive the events.

"Hey, he's not here anymore. He can't hurt you again. Ever again. You can tell me what he did," Dean coaxed me into continuing, rubbing his thumb over my hand.

I hesitated, unsure of how to phrase my next words, "He told me he loved me, I thought..." ashamed I looked down, "I thought it was really you. I was so happy. I said it back, and- and then we started to, and he," I let out a sob, "He tried to take advantage of me, by the time I figured out it wasn't actually you he had me pinned down, and was choking me. I couldn't fight him off, he was- he was too strong for me. I passed out and then I - and then I woke up tied to the chair. Dean he- he tortured me to get- to get to you. He said he wanted to make you- he wanted to make you suffer." By the end I was a sobbing mess unsure if he actually understood anything I had just told him.

Dean looked at me for a second before he took my face in his hands and kissed me. This kiss was nothing like the kisses I shared with the creature last night. This kiss was soft, gentle, careful. He pulled away and smiled a tear rolling down his face, "I am incredibly sorry for what I said in the car, and I want you to know I would never, never take advantage of you, I love you to damn much."

I couldn't help the large grin that made its way to my face, more tears streaming down my face, "You really do love me, this is real?"

"This is real, sweetheart," Dean replied happily.

A tear fell down my face as I held his hand that was on my right cheek, leaning into his touch, "I love you, too."