John

I was cuddled up with Dean on the hard motel bed in Dean's shirt, but his phone started to ring. I groaned in annoyance, as it kept ringing."Dean," Sam mumbled from his bed.

Dean didn't seem to be budging, so I opened my eyes as Sam answered the phone."Hello," He answered, sleep still clear in his voice. Sam sat up and his eyes widened, his mouth hanging open slightly in shock, "Dad! Where are you?"

I sat up quickly and hit Dean in his chest in hopes to wake him up. He slowly started to shift in his sleep.

"I'm fine. Why not?" Sam questioned angrily.

Dean sat up quickly the same way Sam and I did and asked, "Is that dad?"

Realization crossed Sam's face as he stated, "You're after it aren't you? The thing that killed mom."

I tensed and shared a concerned look with Dean. I knew it, since we left to pick up Sam. I even asked Dean if he tought his dad would be doing this. I can't believe he would be stupid enough to actually be hunting that Demon by himself. We could help him.

"A demon are you sure," Sam asked over the phone.

Dean started scurrying in the bed and got dressed, "What is he saying," he asked Sam.

Sam continued to ignore Dean's questions though, fully invested in his conversation with John. "You know where it is," Sam asked in a small voice, clutching the phone tightly. "Let us help," Sam pushed. "Why not!"

Dean reached his hand out for Sam to give him his phone so he could talk to his dad. I was staring intensely at Sam, hoping to God that he would give the phone to Dean, so I could hear some of the conversation.

"Names? Dad what names? Talk to me, tell me what's going on," Sam pleaded. Dean kept his hand out, and was looking at Sam with a worried expression. "No! No way," Sam rejected.

"Give me the phone," Dean demanded again.Sam seemed to be growing angry at the words his dad was saying to him over the phone.

Tired of waiting Dean reached over to his phone and took it from Sam's hands."Dad! Dad, hey it's me, it's Dean. What's going on," Dean rushed out. "Yes, sir. Uhh... yeah, yeah I got a pen."

Confusion flooded through me as I asked, "What's he saying?"Dean held up his finger to silence me as he wrote names down on a piece of paper. Sam looked at Dean in anger. "Here," Dean mumbled, handing the phone to me.

I took it hesitantly and talked carefully, "John?"

"Devyn," John started, "How are you holding up?"

I scoffed, "You're kidding right. You leave us to go hunt that thing-"

"Devyn," He warned, "I need you to do something for me, okay?"

"What," I asked confused.

"My sons, they need you to look after them. You're strong, they aren't as strong as you. I need you to look after Dean and Sam for me," John explained.

I looked between the boys, and nodded my head, "Yeah, I promise."

It was quiet on the other line for a moment, "I talked to Missouri. How are you - handling things."

I gulped before answering, "I - I'm better thanks to Dean... and Sam."

John laughed lightly over the phone, "I'm sure Dean was attached to your hip through it all. He's crazy about you."

I giggled looking at Dean and said, "Trust me John, I know." The boys were looking at me strangely.

"Devyn," John turned serious again, "I'm gonna kill this thing that killed your parents. I promise you that."