Motel Invasion

The next morning I woke up alone in the motel room, and I began to panic again. What if whatever is taking people took Dean while we were sleeping and I was next. As quickly as I could without hurting myself too much I scurried over to my phone and dialed Dean's number.

"Devyn," Dean answered after one ring.

"Dean! Where the hell are you," I asked frantically.

"Wow, wow! Are you okay, what's wrong," Dean asked worried.

"Where are you," I asked again, clutching my phone tightly.

"I'm at the police station getting some information. I'm waiting for someone to bring me images from the surveillance cameras that were near the bar last night," Dean explained.

I let out a sigh of relief and asked, "Why didn't you wake me up, or at least tell me you were leaving?"

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. I wasn't really thinking when I left this morning," Dean said, sighing heavily.

"It's okay, it's okay. Do you want me to come meet you. Where are you," I asked through the phone.

Dean sighed again and said, "No, no. You just stay at the motel and rest, okay. You need to rest your shoulder. I don't want you having any part of this, okay."I picked up on his slight change in tone. He's mad at me. Sam was with me, and he's mad at me because I let him get taken.

I let out a shaky breath and said, "You're mad at me for letting Sam get taken."

"Devyn, let's not talk about this now, okay," Dean said over the phone, sounding a little irritated. "The officer is here, I gotta go."

"Wait, Dean," I tried, but he had already hung up.

What am I supposed to do by myself in a motel room? Sam is missing, and I can't just sit around and do nothing. I knew I couldn't do anything that involved danger, but I could do some research on this town, and the surrounding towns.

My thoughts were interrupted by my stomach growling. I guess I need to eat before I do anything. I slowly got ready, it being extremely difficult without my usual help I get from the boys. It took me about seven minutes just to get my top on.

Once I was done I walked over to the diner down the street, and ordered a bunch of food. I waited patiently for my buffet to arrive, and read through some articles about this town on my phone, but didn't really learn anything new, just the stuff we already knew.

"Here you go, sweety," The kind waitress said to me as she placed my food down in front of me.

I eyed my food hungrily, and thanked her before digging in. I was halfway done with my food when my phone vibrated.

"Hello," I answered with a mouthful of food.

"Devyn, are you eating right now," Dean asked.

I swallowed my food and said, "Yeah, I'm at the diner down the street from the motel, and man is the food delicious here."

"Listen," Dean started, his voice laced with worry, "the people that are disaappearing are being taken by other people. It's not a supernatural thing. I need you to get back to the motel room, and stay there. Got it?"

I instantly straightened in my seat, my body growing tense, "It's just people doing this. Dean, we have to find Sam, and soon."

"I know, I found a truck on surveillance. It's almost like an RV, large enough to keep a person in and it not be suspicious. It's white and it has a new liscense plate attached on the back," Dean explained to me.