Stanford Bound

It had been a few weeks since John had left Dean and me for a hunt. He didn't say much of what it was and never said when he would be back. As the days passed, I could tell that Dean was growing anxious, worried about his father. While his father was off on this hunt of his, Dean and I had been hunting the supernatural ourselves. We actually just got back from sending a Demon back to hell, and he was one hard son of a bitch to get rid of. I'm almost positive I have a concussion from our fight with it. As we walked into our hotel all bloody and gross, I couldn't help but wonder how no one has ever noticed or reported us for our appearances.

Dean plopped down on his bed, sighing, rubbing his hands over his face. I could practically feel the stress rolling off of him. I made my way over to him and placed a bloodied hand on his shoulder.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

He took in another deep breath before nodding quickly and responding with a yeah.

Obviously not believing him, a simply stated, "Dean."

He looked up at me, staring into my eyes, seeming a little irritated, "I said, I'm fine, Devyn."

Rolling my eyes, I dropped my hand from his shoulder and made my way to where we had the liquor. I poured some into two cups, handing one to Dean.

"Right. Okay, so you not worried or anything?" I asked, pushing him to open up to me.

He grabbed the cup from my hand and gave me a confused look, and asked, "Worried about what?"

"Oh, come on, Dean! Don't pull that crap with me! You're worried about your dad; it's written all over your face," I said a little too loud.

Dean stood up defensively like he always does when he's trying to avoid voicing his feelings, "Of course I'm worried! He's been gone for too long. I mean, what could he be hunting that would take this long?"

My eyes widened as a thought came across my mind. I finished the rest of my drink and asked Dean, "You don't think he- "

"No, no. He wouldn't be stupid enough to go alone. Especially after what happened last time," Dean said, cutting me off.

A dark feeling washed over me as I remembered what happened last time he had gone after that Demon. It's still fresh, the sense of sadness always finding a way to creep back into my life. I know Dean didn't mean what he said in the wrong way, but it still stung when he said it. I quickly got up and poured myself another cup of alcohol.

I quickly downed the drink before turning back to Dean, "You're right. Anyway, the man's too good for anything to happen to him. He's too good to die."

A look of realization went over Dean's face as I poured another drink for myself, "Devyn, I'm sorry. I didn't mean-"

"I know," I cut him off with a small smile, "Trust me, I know you didn't. Your dad's alright, Dean, he has to be."

Dean finished his drink and walked over to me, setting his cup down, "It's been too long. We need to go look for him."

I sighed, knowing he wouldn't let this go, "Okay, but we might need help if we're gonna try and find your dad."

Annoyance pooled in Dean's eye, "Seriously. He doesn't even want to be apart of this. We will be fine on our own."

I gave Dean a stern look, irritated with his behavior, "Dean, your father is missing, don't you think Sam should know?"

Dean poured himself another drink and downed it. As he finished, he slammed the cup on the table and said, "Fine! We leave for Stanford tomorrow morning."

A/N

Hello, lovelies! This chapter is really shot, but that is just because it's the introduction. The other chapters will be longer! I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Until next time

1/30/2021- Edited 

3/26/2021- This chapter has officially made it to 1,000 reads! Thank you guys for reading!