Flashback 4

Third person:

Everyone was sitting in the living room, waiting rather impatiently for John to explain the events leading to the death of Cheryl and Thomas. Dean was sitting on the arm rest of the couch next to Devyn. Devyn and Ryan were sitting next to each other holding each other's hands tightly, and John sat across from all of them in a chair.

"S-so ... what happened- what happened to our parents," Devyn asked again.

John looked down, honestly not knowing what to say or how to explain the situation to these kids. Thomas had told them it was a poltergeist, when they find out the truth they will be even more angry and heartbroken.

"Dad, what happened?" Dean prompted his dad after he hadn't answered.

John looked up and started, "We- we were hunting a demon, and-"

"Wait, what? Dad said it was a poltergeist." Ryan said, confused.

John sighed and continued, "Thomas lied. We've- I've been hunting a Demon for awhile, and I found it."

"Is this the Demon that-" before Dean could finish his sentence John interrupted him."Yeah, yeah. The same Demon that killed your mom." John said looking at them in the eyes.

Devyn took in a sharp breath not knowing what to think, and Ryan stayed silent, no emotion evident on his face.John took the silence as his que to continue, "When we got there, we waited for a while. I was losing hope in finding this monster. When he finally showed up nothing was working, I mean this thing is invincible."

"How did- how did it happen? How did they die," Devyn asked tears pooling in her eyes.

John looked at the broken girl in front of him, not wanting to damage her any further but answered anyway, "The Demon killed your mom the same way my wife died, and it cut your dad's throat open."

It was silent for a few moments, Devyn grabbed Dean's hand and squeezed it hard trying to contain the amount of pain she was feeling at the moment. She didn't know what to do. Ryan's emotionless face turned to one of anger as he released his sisters hand.

When he did this Devyn looked to him, and saw the pain and anger written on his face and in his eyes,Ryan's eyes landed on John full of rage, "So this is your fault. My parents are dead because of you!"

"Ryan, it's not John's fault," Devyn said, trying to calm the boy down as much as she could in the pained state she was in.

"No! No, you can't tell me this isn't his fault," He said looking at Devyn. "They would still be here if it weren't for his revenge fantasy!"

"Hey!" Dean said defensively. He knew the kid was hurting but damn, that's his mom he was talking about.

"No, don't hey me, Dean. This is his fault. My mom and dad are dead because of you," Ryan said standing up leaving the room full of rage.

John usually wouldn't have felt this guilty if it were someone else to be honest, but these people he's known since he was a child himself. When he looked up at the broken girl in front of him he couldn't help but let more tears fall.

"Devyn" John said in a shaky voice, "What are you thinking?"

She had been pretty quiet for the past few minutes, and John and Dean were getting nervous to see if she would explode too. Her grip on Dean's hand never faltered though, maybe getting tighter if possible as she looked up at John, tears clouding her vision.

"Oh God!" she cried, "They're- they're- I can't believe it. My mom and dad are dead."

Once she got that sentence out it was like a dame had been broken because a sob escaped the girl and she sat there crying for only God knows how long in Dean's arms.