A Reaper's Touch

"Do you really think it's the grim reaper? Like the angel of death, collect your soul, the whole deal," Sam asked, looking up pictures on his computer. Dean and I were also sitting trying to dig up something about this.

"No, no, no. Not the reaper, a reaper," Dean clarified.

"There is reaper lore in pretty much every culture on earth," I started. "They go by different names, it's possible there is more than one of them."

"But you said, you guys saw a dude in a suite," Sam sassed.

Dean rolled his eyes and put his papers down, "What do you think he should've been working the whole black robe thing?"

I pinched my nose with my fingers as the boys started up again, a new headache forming. This one from getting no sleep and barely eating.

"You said that the clock stopped, right? Reapers stop time," Dean explained, showing us a paper with a picture of a skeleton holding a sand hourglass.

"If it is a reaper, how the hell did I see it then," I asked confused. "I thought you could only see them when they are coming at you."

"That's a good question. Maybe it wasn't a reaper since Devyn saw it," Sam offered.

"There is nothing else it can be, Sam. The real question is how is Roy controlling the thing," Dean deadpanned.

Realization hit me as I remembered the cross. It was the only one that really stuck out to me. I remember it making me feel weird when I looked at it.

"What," Dean asked, looking at me.

I looked up to him, then shared a look with Sam as I said, "The cross, the- the one with the circle."

"Yeah, yeah. I remember seeing that. It struck me as kind of odd having something like that on an alter, considering it wasn't an actual cross," Sam emphasized.

"What the hell are you two talking about," Dean questioned us.

"It looked so similar to something I've seen before....," I trailed off picking up a deck of tarrot cards. "Ah-ha," I said grabbing the one with a skeleton holding the same symbol that was on the cross.

"So what do you think Roy is using black magic," Dean asked, taking the card from me.

"It would make sense. I mean in early christianity priests used to use magic to ward off death," Sam went all geek on us.

"Okay, then we need to stop Roy," Dean said standing up to get a beer from the fridge.

"How," Sam questioned.

"You know how," Dean said seriously.

I turned my head quickly looking at him in shock, "Dean, we can't just kill Roy."

"The man is playing God. He's deciding who lives and dies. That is a monster in my book," Dean shot back.

"We are not killing a human being Dean," Sam argued.

"If we kill him, we are doing exactly what he is doing now," I pointed out, "There has to be another way."Dean rolled his eyes. I can't believe he is even contemplating killing a human. That just isn't right.

"Okay, so we can't kill Roy, and we can't kill death. You got any bright idea's," Dean sassed.

"If Roy is using some kind of black magic spell for a reaper, we have to figure out what it is and how to break it," Sam explained.

"Good, now we don't have to kill anyone," I said seriously.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------