Let's Finish It

After my wonderfully relaxing bath, I got out and decided to put a facemask on and relax on the bed and watch tv until the boys got back. I think this is the first time I've been in a motel room by myself in months and I didn't feel scared at all.

Not even fifteen minutes into the new Grey's Anatomy episode Sam and Dean walked into the motel room. I turned the volume down and noticed Sam was laughing.

"Why are you laughing," I asked.

"What's on your face," Dean asked disgustedly.

I rolled my eyes and said, "It's a face mask, now why is Sam laughing?"

"Well, your old lady is just that, an old lady. She is definitely not the Shtriga," Sam said in amusement.

"What," I said in confusion, "But... but I had a feeling..."

Dean walked over to me and put a hand on my shoulder and said, "Maybe your abilities are still a little off since... well you know, or maybe it was just cold in the room."

I combed my hand through my hair anxiously and nodded, "Yeah, you might be right. Okay, well we still know that the hospital is the center of all this, so it has to be somewhere there."

"She's right, maybe the Shtriga got smarter, and is disguised as something other than an old lady," Sam said. I sighed feeling a little annoyed at the moment.

Dean squeezed my shoulder and said, "Why don't you go take that stuff off your face, and we can get some sleep. We can start over in the morning."

I nodded and made my way to the bathroom to wash my face mask off. Once I was done I crawled into bed with Dean and snuggled close to him. My head on his chest and arm wrapped around his torso. I sighed heavily before closing my eyes and letting sleep take over.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When morning came we all got up and decided to go somewhere to get some breakfast. I had my arm wrapped around Dean's torso, and he had his arm lazily draped over my shoulders as we made our way to the car. I looked over to the reception area and saw a kid sitting outside looking sad, and Dean noticed him to.

"Hold on," Dean said as he let go of me, and started to walk over to the kid. Sam and I followed closely behind, and once Dean reached the kid he crouched down to his level and asked, "Hey, what's wrong?"

The kid looked up to Dean and said, "My brother is sick. He's got pneumonia, and is in the hospital. It's all my fault."

I tensed up as I looked at the kid. This thing took a kid from two buildings over from us, and we didn't even notice. This is starting to get too close for comfort, and to think I was alone last night...

Dean looked at the kid with sad eyes and asked, "How so?"

The kid looked down to his hands and said, "He wouldn't have gotten sick if the window was latched. I should've checked to see."

Dean looked back to us for a second before taking a deep breath. He placed his hand on the kids shoulder and said, "Listen, I can assure you that this is not your fault, okay."

The kid looked up to him and said sadly, "It's my job to look after him."

I glanced between Sam and Dean and I couldn't help but see the similarities here. I mean Dean had to look after Sam his whole life, and it seems that this kid is in the same boat with his little brother.

I placed my hand on Dean's shoulder and he tensed for as second before relaxing. I squeezed it to let him know I was here for him.

Not even a second later the kids mom walked outside and started to load her car up to leave. She told her son to stay behind and watch over things while she was gone. After seeing her struggle Dean offered to drive her to the hospital which she gratefully accepted.