Stay Awake

I woke up to a throbbing in my head, and a dry throat. I groaned as I coughed trying to add some moisture to my throat.

"Oh good you're awake," Dean's voice sang around me.I tried to move but I was tied down to a chair, my arms and legs tied down. My head was pounding, and I let out another groan as I tried to move. "Oh, I wouldn't try that if I were you. You put up quite the struggle before causing more injury to yourself. You should've just let it happen," fake Dean snickered.

I finally opened my eyes, and saw him sitting on the bed across from me holding a knife in his hand.My eyes widened in fear as I asked, "What do you want from me? Where is Dean? What did you do to him?"

He laughed again, "I want you to make Dean suffer. You see he's been hunting me for two days now, and I'm tired of it." His anger building as he talked, "To make Dean suffer, you have to suffer first."

With that he stood from the bed and made his way towards me. I started to struggle even though I knew it was pointless. He was gonna tourture me, and I had no one to help me. Oh God, I hope Dean and Sam find out this thing is here with me. The creature walked behind me and held the knife to my neck. I took in a sharp breath trying to yank my head away. He pulled my hair hard, keeping my head in place at an awkward angle.

"Oh this is gonna be fun, sweetheart," He said, dragging the knife down my arm, puncturing the skin all the way down. I yelled out in pain, blood dripping out of the gash.

"Please, please stop," I begged, tears streaming down my face.

"Stop," He tsked, laughing from behind me, "Sweetheart, we've just begun," He continued walking around in front of me. He smiled wickedly at me before he dragged the knife down my thigh, again causing me to cry out in pain.

He slapped me across the face yelling, "Shut the hell up, bitch!" He stood up, "Maybe I need to teach you a lesson."

Fear sparked within me as he reared back his fist and punched me in the stomach, knocking the wind out of me. I coughed trying to get air back into my lungs, but was met immediately with another punch across the face.

"Pl-please," I cried out, feeling dizzy from the hit.

"I said, SHUT. THE. HELL. UP," he screamed at me lodging the knife into my shoulder just under my collar bone. 

I screamed out as the pain shot through my entire left side, my screams being muffled by his hand as the door swung open revealing Sam and the real Dean. A spark of hope flooded through me seeing them. I knew with them being here I wouldn't die.

I made direct eye contact with the boys through my tears, crying out as the creature pulled the knife out of my shoulder, putting it roughly against my neck again. "You guys move an inch, and she loses her vocal cords," He threatened from behind me.

Dean and Sam were scared I could see it in their eyes. None of us have been in a situation like this before. I've never been tortured like this before. I couldn't do anything to help, I was weak, vulnerable. More tears fell as he pushed the knife down harder on my neck when Dean took a step forward.

"What did I say!" He yelled. Sam and Dean both put their hands up pretending to surrender, I know it. "Okay now slowly take your guns out and put them on the table," He demanded them.

I was starting to feel dizzy from the loss of blood, my wound in my shoulder bleeding profusely.

"Okay, okay buddy," Dean said, moving his hands slowly, Sam doing the same. While Sam followed the orders, Dean did not. As soon as his hand was on his gun, he whipped it out, shooting at the creature, causing him to dig the knife into my neck harder. As the bullet hit the creature his body flew backwards causing the knife to cut along the side of my neck. I yelped in pain feeling the blood trickling down. Dean body chucked fake Dean, and Sam ran to my aid.

"Sam," I rasped out.

"Hey, hey, stay with me okay," Sam said softy, untying my hands and legs. My vision was going in and out of focus, I was unable to move being weighed down by the dizziness. "Devyn, hey, look at me," Sam demanded as he grabbed my face, looking me dead in the eye.

"I ca-," I rasped out, "It- I can't fe- feel anything." I could still hear Dean fighting the fake Dean in the background, my body going numb due to the amount of blood loss. "Put - put pressure on my- on my neck and shoulder," I managed to get out between my hollow and uneven breaths.

"Good, okay, Devyn, stay with me okay," Sam continued to say over and over again as he put one hand over the right side of my neck, and the other on my left shoulder.

The next thing I know Sam is replaced by Dean, my Dean. I smiled at him as he placed my face between his hands."Hey sweetheart," He said, voice shaking slightly.My eyes started to flutter shut as the world was spinning around me, "Hey, hey, hey, stay with me. You hear me. Don't you dare close your eyes on me," Dean yelled at me.

I opened my eyes again looking at him, "Okay," I whispered, "Did you mean it?"

Dean looked at me confused, "Did I mean what?"

I took a few heavy breaths before speaking, "That you lo-"

Before I could finish my sentence, my world came crashing down around me, engulfing me in darkness.

Third Person POV:

Fear pulled at Dean's heart as Devyn's sentence trailed off and her eyes closed. He shook her head in his hands, "Devyn, hey, hey, no, no, no. Devyn! Open your eyes. Sam did you call the ambulance?" he asked, panicked.

Sam looked at the girl in front of him, keeping his hands on her bleeding wounds, not removing them once, "Dean, I've been trying to keep her from bleeding out," Sam said, fear evident in his voice.

Dean and Sam shared a look before Dean picked up Devyn's limp body in his arms rushing to the car, "Sam grab my keys, you're driving."

Sam didn't even hesitate, even though he knew Dean would never let him drive the car, he also knew he wouldn't leave Devyn's side. Sam quickly got into the driver's seat, and Dean sat in the back with Devyn laying across the seat with her head in his lap. Dean placed a hand on the wound on her neck, and the stab wound in her left shoulder hoping to slow down the bleeding. Sam made a beeline to the nearest hospital, stopping at no red lights or stop signs.

Once the boys parked the car, they were out and rushing to the emergency room. Dean sprinted in screaming for someone to help, as Devyn was bleeding out in his arms. This was his biggest fear, having another person he loved ripped away from him, in front of his eyes. It happened with his mom, and it's happening again with Devyn. He couldn't help the few tears that fell from his eyes as the nurses took Devyn from his arms, and rushed her away.

Dean fell back against the wall looking down as his hand, arms, and clothes. They were all covered in her blood, Sam looked the same as he stood next to Dean. A nurse came up to them giving them scrubs, and showing them to a shower room to get cleaned up.

Dean went numb, scared he will never get a chance to tell Devyn he loves her. That last sentence was ripped away from her as she passed out, and Dean just wanted to know what she was gonna say.

Sam kept glancing over to Dean in the waiting room, taking mental notes on how his brother appeared to be doing. Sam knew Dean. He knew that Dean was freaking out on the inside even though his face showed no emotion. He could tell by the way he was bouncing his knee and rubbing his hands together.

After two hours of waiting for any news, a nurse finally was making her way to the boys. They were too caught up in their own minds to even notice her standing next to them. She put a hand on Dean's shoulder causing him to jump in his seat slightly. Once he looked up he jumped out of his seat followed by Sam, waiting eagerly for the news the nurse was about to give them.