Puke and Rally

"Oh, God. Can you slow down a bit," I asked Dean who was driving, feeling a little nauseous.

Dean took some of the pressure off the gas as he chuckled lightly, "Maybe next time don't drink the entire bar."

I groaned, "Ha, ha, very funny."

Sam decided to stay back and watch after Lori, I don't really remember why, but it was important I guess. Neither of them wanted to leave me alone since my freak out in the motel room, and Dean doesn't break promises, so we were headed to an old creepy grave to dig up a man's corpse, and torch it.

"Can I stay in the car," I slurred, the world spinning around me.

"Absolutely not, I am not leaving you alone. What if the spirit comes, and attacks you while I'm diggin up the grave," Dean rejected the idea.

"What if- what if he comes to the grave site and attacks up there," I asked with my eyes closed, making the world spin faster around me.

"At least I'll be there to protect you. We are here," Dean said.

Instead of arguing I jumped out of the car, and proceeded to throw up. Dean rushed to my side, and held my hair up from me. This is so embarrassing, this is not what I thought would be happening tonight.

As soon as I was done, Dean asked, "You feel better?" I swiped the back of my hand over my mouth, nodding. I stood straight up, and Dean grabbed a bottle of water from the car, "here rinse." I rinsed my mouth out, and surprisingly I did feel better. Dean noticed my confusion, "Usually after you throw up, you tend to feel better. Kids your age call it 'puke and rally' I believe."

I scoffed, "Kids my age."

Dean rolled his eyes at my child like behavior, "Lets go, it's an unmarked grave, so this could take awhile."

"Great," I mumbled under my breath, following Dean into the creepy cemetery.

I was still drunk, so everytime I hit a slight indent in the ground, or stepped on a rock I would stumble into Dean. I don't think I've seen him roll his eyes this much before, but everytime he did I giggled.

One of the grave stones we were walking by had a cool design on it, "That's a pretty sick design."

Dean looked at the stone, and smiled, "God, I love you so much. If you didn't just throw up back there I would kiss you right now."

I was really confused, "Wait, what?"

"Every murder scene, this symbol was there. It was left behind by the evil spirit," He explained.

A triumphant smile was plastered across my face, "See I can help, even when I am drunk."

Dean chuckled at me, "Okay think you can hold this flashlight for me while I dig up this sicko?"

I grabbed the flashlight and nodded. Dean took off his jacket and started to dig into the ground. It took awhile for him to finish. Usually Sam is here to help, and because I can't do any strenuous activity it took twice as long to dig this guy up. I got bored and started to twirl the light around in circles.

"Devyn," Dean scolded me from his spot in the hole.

I immediately stopped, smiling sheepishly, "Sorry."

"Next time, Sam gets to dig up the grave, and I get to stay at the party with my girl," Dean mumbled as he finished digging.

"My girl, huh." I questioned, a huge smile on my face.

Dean looked up, his body all sweaty, "Yeah, my girl," Dean started to swing at the casket breaking it open, "Hello Preacher. Devyn grab the salt and lighter fluid for me."I got up from my sitting position, and grabbed the supplies from the duffle bag as Dean climbed out of the grave. I handed it to Dean and he spread the materials over the dead corpse."Goodbye, Preacher," Dean taunted as he threw the lighter in the casket, engulfing it in flames.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Devyn, hey wake up, we gotta go to the hospital, and meet Sam," Dean said, waking me up.

I grumbled and turned away from him. I must have fallen asleep on the way back to the motel, we are in one of the beds currently. My head was pounding. I moved my hand to my head and groaned.Dean got off the bed, and I heard him rummaging around the bathroom for something.

He came out and crouched in front of me, "Here take these, they'll help with the headache."

I peeled my eyes open, and was met with the site of two advil, "Thanks," I mumbled, taking the pills, "I am never going to a college party ever again."

Dean chuckled at me, "Don't lie," he teased me. I smiled and slowly got out of bed, "Go brush your teeth," Dean ordered, "Your breath smells from earlier."

"Gee, thanks," I scoffed as I made my way to the bathroom to freshen up. Within a few minutes we were out the door making our way to the hospital to meet Sam. I'm not sure why he was at the hospital, but Dean assured me that Sam wasn't the one that was hurt. As we were making our way down one of the corridors, two police officers stopped us from continuing. I spotted Sam down the hall, Dean seeing him too.

"Hey, it's alright, that's my brother down there," Dean said trying to get past them. The cop gave us a hard stare holding his hands out stopping us from advancing. "Sam," Dean yelled, "Hey brother."

Sam turned toward us, and the Sheriff finally said, "Let them through." The two cops sent us hard looks before lowering their hands allowing us to walk past them. I scoffed as we made our way to Sam.

"What the hell is going on," I questioned him as soon as we got to him.

"The Hook Man," Sam said angrily.

My eyebrows shot up in surprise as Dean said, "How is that possible? I torched the guys bones at the cemetery."

"Wait, wait you saw him," I asked quietly.

"Yeah, I did," Sam said shortly. I recoiled back from his harsh attitude. I cleared my throat awkwardly, looking away from him. Sam sighed before talking again, "I don't think the spirit is latching on to the reverend. I think he's latching on to Lori. Last night she found out her father was having an affair with a married woman, shortly after he was attacked by this thing."

Fear sparked within me as I watched him rear his fist punching me in the stomach, knocking the wind out of me. I coughed trying to get air back into my lungs, but was met immediately with another punch to the face.

I gasped, returning to reality as Sam and Dean both said, "Stop the Hook Man." They both looked at me taking in my appearance. I'm sure my eyes were wide with panic, my hands were shaking, and I had ripped my hand away from Dean's, holding my cheek. The cheek that had been punched repeatedly weeks ago.

I coughed, clearing my throat, "Well, are you gonna go 'Stop the Hook Man?'"

Sam and Dean both shared a look. Sam started to walk toward the car, and Dean turned toward me grabbing my hands."Do you want to talk about it," he asked me softly. "Remember what we talked about. You can tell me what you saw," Dean continued, rubbing his thumbs over my knuckles.

I sighed looking at our hands, nodding to myself, "I saw him. While I was tied to the chair..." I paused swallowing, "he hit me in the stomach knocking the wind out of me, and- and immediately hit my face. He didn't give me a chance to catch my br- my breath."

Dean squeezed my hands, and I looked up to him as he asked, "Do you feel better?"

My eyes scrunch together as a weight was slightly taken off my shoulders after talking about my flashback, "Weirdly, yes. I do."

"Good," Dean simply said, kissing my forehead, "Let's go."

With that we went back to the library to see where exactly the dead man's hook was being stored in the town.