Meg Masters

"You guys look ridiculous in those uniforms," I giggled as they got out of the car.

Sam and Dean were both in janitor-like clothes and Dean hasn't stopped complaining about it since he put the damn outfit on.

Sam chuckled and said, "Well we gotta sell it don't we?"

"You know dad got away just fine without these stupid outfits," Dean continued to complain.

I rolled my eyes and giggled again at his childishness and said, "So, when you guys get in and are by yourselves let me know so I can meet you guys by the fire escape."

"I still don't understand why you can't join us," Dean said pouting.

I looked at him and said, "It doesn't take three people to look at an alarm system."

Dean grumbled under his breath as he and Sam started to walk away. I sat silently in the car as I waited. A few moments passed before my phone rang.

"You by yourselves," I asked immediately without looking at the caller ID.

"Yeah, hurry up. This place is giving off weird vibes," Dean's voice came through the phone.

"Great," I mumbled before hanging up the phone.

I got out of the car and locked it. I made my way across the street and behind the apartment building and climbed the fire escape quickly to the third floor. When I got to Meredith's place the window was already open for me. I squeezed through and almost fell on my face as I stumbled upon entry. Sam laughed at me and an immediate chill ran through me.

"Wow," I mumbled looking around before I was meet with a bunch of blood stains in the middle of the room, "So what's the story?"

"So get this, there were no signs of forced entry, no signs of struggle, and the alarm was still on. The only thing out of place was Meredith. She was cut up into pieces. The landlord said it looked like a wild animal did it," Sam explained.

My eyebrows shot up as I took in the information, "Do we know if it was anything physical or if it was a spirit of something, yet?"

"I don't know yet, but the minute I found that article I knew this was our kind of gig," Sam answered.

"I think I agree with you," Dean said as the EMF reader in his hand started to go crazy, "Here," he said, throwing me one too.

I grinned at him and joked, "Thanks, but I don't really need these anymore."

Dean rolled his eyes at my comment and said, "Well I talked to the police and we know everything that they do. They are keeping one little detail out of the papers about Meredith though. Her heart was missing."

I turned around to face him, I was on the other side of the room by now looking around and said, "Her heart was missing. Do you guys think it could be a werewolf?"

"No, no the lunar cycles aren't right," Sam explained, "It has to be something else. I'm thinking a spirit of some kind, there was no trace of anything else being here except for Meredith."

I looked back to the blood stains and noticed how organized they seemed to be. I furrowed my brows in confusion, and the boys noticed my silence.

"What? Do you see something Dev," Dean asked me, lightly touching my arm.

I looked up to him and said, "These blood stains just seem too neat, organized almost, as if her body was placed in a certain pattern or design."

Dean left my side and reappeared seconds later with tape. He got down on the floor and connected the spot that had the most amount of blood together. When he was done there was definitely a symbol there. It was an oval shape in the middle with two lines coming out at the sides.