You're a Liar

Since our last case, it's bed two weeks, and we are currently in Nebraska searching for something. Dean was looking through the newspaper, and Sam was checking his phone. I, of course, was stuffing my face with french toast and a large coffee.

"Why don't you help instead of stuffing your face," Dean questioned.

"What's the point in a third person looking," I asked with my mouth full.

"You know you possess no manners sometimes," Dean sassed.

I rolled my eyes, and Sam scoffed at us from the opposite side of the table, and both Dean and I asked, "What?"

"You guys should just get married at this point. You guys are disgusting," He said, looking up from his phone.

I giggled nervously at the mention of marriage, and Dean just rolled his eyes. I noticed Sam looking at us mischievously, though, and I changed the subject, "So... anything?"

"No thanks to you, yes. I found something. Manning, Colorado. A man named Daniel Elkins was found mauled in his home," Sam sassed. I glared at him as I took a gulp of my coffee. "At first, the cops thought it was a bear attack, but they found signs of robbery," Sam continued.

I notice Dean pulled out John's journal while Sam was talking, and he was flipping through the pages, searching for something.

"What are you searching for," I asked Dean.

"That man's name sounds familiar," Dean stated as he continued to sift through the journal;.

Dean stopped at John's address pages and found the name D. Elkins, and I asked, You think it's the same guy?"

He has a Colorado area code," Dean stated.

"All right, let's go check it out then," I said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We made it to Daniel's house by nightfall, and we quietly made our way inside. Dean immediately went to the books on a desk, and Sam knelt at the front door. I just wandered around looking at all the photos on this guy's wall.

"He had salt around his door," Sam pointed out.

"Like protection from demon's salt, or oops, it dropped the popcorn salt," Dean asked.

I rolled my eyes, and Sam said, "It's clearly a ring."

"This has to be the Elkins that was in your dad's journal. I mean, look at all of this stuff," I said as I admired all of his research. Some on things I've never even heard of or come across.

"Yeah," Dean agreed, and he was looking through a journal that looked just like John's.

I looked down the hall and noticed a busted door, and started to walk that way. The boys close behind me. When I looked into the room, I gasped as I saw the wreckage.

"It looks like there was more than one of whatever attacked him, "I explained as I looked at the broken windows on the roof.

"Looks like he put up on hell of a fight too," Dean noticed

We continued to look around the room, and I stated, "Whatever this was, it was paranormal. It was something real and alive-ish."

"Yeah, there are scratch marks here," Dean said as he grabbed a paper and lightly went over it with a pencil.

"Two numbers, six digits. It's the location o a post office box, Sam explained as he examined Dean's work. We all shared a look before exiting the house.