Nightmare

"Don't worry about him sweetheart. You should be worrying about yourself," He told me, wrapping his hand around my throat.

I struggled against his grip, losing air from my lungs quickly. I grabbed his wrist of the hand that was strangling me, and tried to push his face away with the other one. It was pointless though. He had the upper hand. I gasped for air, as his grip on my throat tightened. Tears were escaping my eyes, and I shook my head trying my hardest to get out of his death grip, but I was losing air quickly causing me to get dizzy. My legs were flailing around helplessly.My struggle enraged him.

He slapped me across the face, "You bitch!"

My movements started to slow, and black dots swarmed the outside of my vision, the last thing I felt was his fist colliding with my left cheek.

I woke up with a wicked headache, and flinched slightly when I tried to move my arms. Panic set in when I realized I was tied up. My arms and legs are bound to a chair. My eyes shot open, and were met with his sickly white ones.

"Oh good, you're up." He said from his spot in front of me, "This is gonna be fun, sweetheart."

He walked behind me and cut a large gash down my right arm, then walked in front of me again, He kneeled down to my level and proceeded to cut another wound down my right leg.

"Please stop," I begged him, grunting in pain.

"Stop," he tsked, a wicked smile crossing his face, "Oh, sweetheart, I'm just getting started."

Tears started to flow down my cheeks as he taunted me with the knife in his hand, everytime I whimpered in pain he grew more angry."Someone is being naughty, I think I'm gonna have to teach you a lesson," His voice sent chills down my spine. Before I could register what was happening his fist had connected with my left cheek, I let out a small grunt from the force, and was immediately met with a hit to the stomach. I lurched forward from the impact, all the air leaving my body.

"Pl-Please stop," I begged him again.

"I said, SHUT. THE. HELL, UP!" His voice boomed as he took his knife and shoved it into my left shoulder, causing me to scream out in pain. He laughed at my pain.

"No"

"No, please"

"Stop"

"Please, stop"

"NO!"

"Devyn!" someone screamed my name from beside me.I immediately jumped out of bed and swung my arm out, punching whoever it was in the face. The attacker grunted in pain, and slightly fell to the side.

"Devyn, stop! Calm down," someone said form behind me as they grabbed me.

"No, no! Let go of me! He's here. He's HERE!" I screamed in a panic as I thrashed in the person's arms, trying to escape.

"Devyn! Stop, it's me. It's Sam!" the voice said from behind me.

I slowly started to stop my struggle as I finally opened my eyes, and looked behind me. In fact finding Sam behind me restraining me. I quickly looked in front of me and saw Dean massaging his left cheek."Oh my God," I cried out, as tears started to stream down my face again. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to." Sam gently let me go as I tried to make my way to Dean. I grabbed his cheek in my hand, "I'm so sorry," I said over and over again in hysteria.

Dean looked at me with sad eyes grabbing my face in his hands, "Look at my eyes Dev. He's not here. It's me. You're safe."

I inhaled deeply trying to calm myself down from the horrible dream I just had. I haven't had one nightmare since that night, and I think it's because Dean was always holding me while I slept. I was alone this time, he comes when I'm alone."No, no. I was alone. He comes when I'm alone," I sobbed as Dean hugged me, engulfing me in his arms.

He squeezed me and I winced in pain. He must have noticed because he released me from the hug and looked over my shoulder."You're bleeding. Your wounds must have reopened in your struggle. Lets go get you cleaned up,' Dean said, leading me to the small bathroom.

It was silent between us as he took my old bandages off my neck and shoulder. He was right, my wounds had ripped open. He left for a few moments to go grab some supplies before returning.

"I have to replace some of the stitches, so this is gonna hurt a bit," he warned me in a soft voice.He looked at me for confirmation, probably afraid I'll freak out when he touches my wounds. I nodded my head to him signaling him to start. I winced a few times as he threaded the new stitches into my skin, and cleaned up the wounds for me. When he was all done he put new bandages over them for protection.

He threw the dirty stuff in the sink, and leaned on it, looking down. He sighed deeply before looking up at me, "Why didn't you tell me?"

My mood diminished even more as I saw the hurt in his eyes, "I-I don't know. I thought I could handle it on my own. Now I know I can't"

"Damn it, Devyn. You scared the shit out of me. I could hear you the moment I got out of my car screaming. I thought someone got to you again," Dean said in anger.

I jumped in my spot as I looked away from him, "I'm -I'm sorry, I didn't mean too." He sighed looking away. "Are you mad at me," I asked him, my lower lip trembling a little.

He looked back up to me, and his face relaxed a little. The anger now replaced with worry, "Devyn, I'm not mad at you. I'm worried about you. You clearly are not handling this well. I know you have flashbacks sometimes. Your eyes glaze over and it's like you go somewhere else. I need you to talk to me so I can help you. What is the point of loving you if you don't let me help."

A tear escaped from my left eye, "Please, Dean, please don't say that to me."

Dean sighed again, "Devyn, I need you to understand that I care about you, a lot. Always have, always will, but I can't help you unless you let me. I usually am relatively good at reading you. Knowing when you need help, but you've been more closed off since that night. You've only talked about it once, and that was at the hospital. I am willing to do anything to help you, don't you understand, but you need to talk to me."

I nodded my head, looking to the floor, "I'm sorry, please," I said looking back up to him, "just-just don't leave me alone again, at least not right now. You're right I need help, but I can't be alone, I can't."

Dean walked toward me and engulfed me in a hug, his left hand on my head and right hand on the small of my back, "I made a promise, and I'll make it again. I'm not leaving you, you'll never be alone again."