Have A Little Faith

When I returned I had brought back food for Sam and Dean. I brought extra food for Dean because he looked like shit. Sam told me we are going to Nebraska, and Dean made a smart ass comment about us not letting him die in peace. Beacuse Dean was so sick Sam and I made him sit in the back seat, and he complained the entire ride up to Nebraska. The only time he wasn't talking was when he finally decided to get some sleep.

 I had no idea where we were going exactly, just some place in Nebraska. When we arrived I was a little confused to just see a little white tent in the middle of a mud field. There were people with all sorts of health problems hobbling through the thick mud to get to the tent.

Sam parked the car and we all got out, I rushed over to Dean to help him because he seemed to be struggling to stand a bit."Here, I gotcha," I said, wrapping my arms around him.

"Ah- I got it," Dean said irritated from being babied.

He tried to push me away, but I didn't give him much of a choice in the matter, and kept my arms around him, "You can barely stand, let me help you."Dean rolled his eyes but complied.

He turned to Sam and said, "You know, you're a lying bastard. I thought you said we were going to see a doctor."

"Yeah, this doesn't seem to be a doctor's office, Sam," I said, a little suspicious and confused.

"I believe the term I used was specialist," Sam said earning unamused looks from us, "Look, this guy is supposed to be the real deal."

We started to walk, and Dean leaned on me for support, "I can't believe you brought me to somebody who heals people out in a tent!"

As we continued to trudge through the mud there were groups of people praising what was being done here, but also a few who were calling the man a fraud."I almost can't help but agree with them," I said looking at the protesters.

Sam being the only true religious one out of us said, "People have a hard time believing in stuff they can't see."

Dean rolled his eyes and said, "Come on Sam, a faith healer?"

Sam looked at Dean in the eyes, and said, "Maybe we need a little faith here."

As usual Dean bickered back, "You now what I have faith in, reality."

There he goes again. I mean it's like he truly has given up on the fact that there might actually be a way to keep him alive. With everything we deal with and see everyday, I'd think he'd be a little more open minded about this stuff. I loosened my grip around him, and looked to the ground irritated. It's hard for me to try and be there for him. I love him, but he has just given up.

"How can you be a skeptic, with everything we see everyday," Sam asked Dean exhausted.

"Exactly Sam, we see them," Dean said.

Sam continued to bicker back and forth with Dean for a little while longer. I tuned them out like I have been doing more recently. I'm growing tired of the constant tension between the two. It's mentally exhausting keeping up with the two, especially when they both have such different outlooks on how the world works. They are both stubborn which doesn't help with the situation either.

A woman walked up to us and said, "Maybe God works in mysterious ways."

Dean looked to her and smirked, "Maybe he does. Maybe he just turned my mind around on the subject."

I picked my head up quickly looking up to Dean in shock. Is he really flirting with this woman right now? I looked to the woman and put the fakest smile on, "Hi, I'm Devyn and this is my boyfriend Dean. This is Sam, his brother."

Dean tensed when I said boyfriend.

The woman awkwardly looked between us and said, "Layla." She cleared her throat and then asked Dean, "So if you're not a believer, why are you here then?"

Dean looked to the ground and said, "Apparently, my brother believe's enough for the both of us."

"Well we better go find some seats before they all fill up," I said, straining to sound as nice as possible.I pulled Dean along, and Sam followed, and we found seats toward the middle of the room. I helped Dean sit, and when I sat he tried to hold my hand. I quickly pulled my hand away though. I was pissed. He blatantly was flirting with that girl right in front of me. He better get his act together, and soon.

I kept my face forward, looking to the altar in the back of the tent, and from the corner of my eye I could see the hurt that had flashed through Dean's eyes. I know I'm being cold, but he can't just act out because he's dying. It's like he is turning back to his old self. The one that looked every woman up and down that walked passed him.

Sam sent Dean a glare then surveyed the altar like I was. The Reverand started to talk and I noticed multiple crosses next to him on a table. One in particular caught my attention though, it was a cross with a circle on top with another cross inside of it. I looked over to the boys and saw that Dean was listening intently to the man talking.

"God helps me choose who gets help, by seeing into their hearts," the man continued to talk.

"Yeah, and into their wallets," Dean muttered next to me.

I don't care how sick he was, I still hit his arm and scolded him for his behavior as the reverand said, "You think so young man."Our eyes went wide and Dean applogized awkwardly."No, no, don't. Just watch what you say around a blind man because we got real sharp ears," he joked, earning a chuckle from the crowd. Dean even smirked a little, less embarrassed now. "What is your name, son," the man asked.

Dean cleared his throat and answered, "Dean."

"Dean, I want you to come up here with me," the man said, signalling him to come up to the altar with his hand. The crowd started to clap excited that Dean was chosen.

Dean shifted in his seat, and said, "Uhm, no it's okay."

I turned to him shocked as did Sam as he asked, "Dude what are you doing?"

"Y-you've come here to be healed haven't you," the reverend asked a little surprised Dean refused.

"I mean yeah, but maybe you should just pick someone else," Dean said, a little nervous. T

he man laughed and said, "I didn't pick you Dean, the Lord did."

I looked at him and said, "Dean, please."

He hesitated and then nodded. He stumbled a bit, and I went to help him but the man stopped me, "Ah-ah little lady, Dean has to make this journey alone."I let go of Dean and watched him carefully as he stumbled to the altar. "Pray with me friends," the man said, raising his hands in the air.

After a few moments he touched Dean's shoulder, then raised his hand to his head. Dean started to squirm a little under his touch. I shared a look of concern with Sam as Dean fell to his knee's. He seemed to be in pain.

A sharp pain shoots through my head when I look at the man. There was a figure standing next to him, it seemed grey and withered."What the hell," I mumbled under my breath.My eyes widened as Dean fell unconscious on the altar. I quickly ran up to him, Sam close behind, "Dean!"I shook him a little, hoping to wake him up.

After a few seconds Dean shot up gasping for breath. I grabbed his face and tried to look him in the eye, but his focus was behind me, I looked back to the reverend, and saw the withered man start to disappear. Was Dean able to see him.

I looked back at Dean, and he finally looked at me. I nodded to him to signal that I saw it too. Did we make the right choice coming here? I mean what if this affects Dean in a negative way? Was he even healed?