Church Basements

We walked back into the library, and the same woman that was there before helped us again. Once she got all the materials we needed for us, we sat down at the same table as before. This time I wasn't really much help though. I had a horrible headache, so I rested my head on Dean's lap just like last time we were here as he read from one of the giant books in front of us. I don't know how long I was out for, but I was woken up as Dean moved in his seat and said, "Hey, I think I got something."

"What," Sam asked from beside us.

I groaned, sitting up in my own chair as Dean explained his finding to Sam. I only caught the last part after I was done stretching though as Dean said, "St. Barnabus Church."

"Isn't that where Lori's dad preaches," I yawned out.

The boys looked at me as Sam answered, "Yeah, it is. Where Lori lives."

"Maybe that's why the man has been haunting Reverend's and Reverend's daughters for the past two hundred years," Dean figured out.

"Don't you think someone would have seen it though. A bloodied silver hook?" Sam asked.

I got up and said, "Let me be a little helpful here. I'll go grab the church records."

I walked over to the woman who has been helping us, "Hi," she greeted, with a fake smile.

"Hi, I'm sorry my friends and I keep bothering you, but could you help me find church records, please," I asked. She gave me a weird look, but led me in the right direction anyway. I thanked her once she gave me the books, and walked back to the boys. I set down the heavy books and rolled out my shoulder. "Here you go," I said, yawning again.

Dean and Sam went back to reading, and I pulled out my phone. I was scrolling through my contacts, and froze when I saw Ryan's name. He hasn't reached out to me once since he left for college. He didn't even call to see if I was okay after I was attacked. I know Dean had told him what happened. I can't believe how estranged we've become. I miss him everyday, hopefully I bump into him at some point.

 Dean and Sam started to get up, piling the books back up on the table. Dean grabbed my hand and led me out to the car.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Were you not paying attention?" Sam asked me. I looked to the ground and shook my head. Sam rolled his eyes and said, "We are going to the church."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We drove in silence to the church, and Lori's house. I couldn't help but wonder what Dean was gonna let me do here because there is potential threat of the Hook Man coming, and attacking us. Once we made it, I slowly got out of the car and trailed behind Sam and Dean.

"Take your pick," Dean said, looking at Sam.

"I'll take the house," Sam replied, already looking that way.

"Okay," Dean replied smirking, "and Sam, try not to snoop in her underwear drawer."I snickered at Deans comment, which earned us both a glare from the youngest Winchester. Dean grabbed my hand as he started walking to the church.

"Are you sure it's safe for me to come along," I asked him as we neared the entrance.

"Honestly, I don't know, but I'm not letting you out of my site," Dean replied, opening the large door. I looked at him with uncertainty, but nodded anyway. "Grab everything that is silver," Dean ordered as he started walking around the right side of the church, I took the left side. Once everything that was Silver was collected by us both we headed to the basement and started a fire. I threw some salt in there as Dean started to throw the items in the fire. Shortly Sam joined us with his own collection of items from the house.

I tensed as I heard footsteps above us. My hand grabbed Dean's arm, and gripped it tight. I shared a worried glance with him, and dirt started to fall from the ceiling.

 "Okay, you stay right here. Don't move. Got it," Dean demanded. I gripped his arm tighter in fear. He was leaving me down here by myself. What if the Hook Man attacked me. "Hey, we are still here with you, but he could be upstairs, and you are not getting hurt again, understand," he said, noticing my tight grip.I swallowed hard while nodding my head.

I released my death grip from his arm, and retreated to the corner as the boys made their way up the stairs. A few moments later, Dean had returned.

"Where's Sam," I asked, noticing he wasn't with him.

"The footsteps, they were Lori's. Sam is upstairs comforting her," Dean explained pulling a strand of hair behind my ear. I leaned into his touch, and relaxed a little.

A few moments passed and I could hear Sam and Lori screaming upstairs, their frantic feet causing more dust to fall from the ceiling.

"He's here," I whispered, my heart rate picking up speed. What the hell am I supposed to do if he attacks us down here. If I fight back I could cause my wounds to open up again. If my wound on my neck opens too much, I could bleed out.

"Look, you need to stay here, while I go help Sam," Dean said looking me in the eyes.

I looked at him frantically, "What, no, are you crazy. What if that thing comes down here, and attacks me. I can't fight. I'm still healing."

"He's my brother, I can't let him die," Dean pleaded. What if I died because he was upstairs protecting his brother. I could see the mental debate he was having. He knew there was a possibility I could die too.

I took a deep breath pulling myself together, and took his hand in my shaking one, "Okay, go, go help him. He obviously needs it more than me right now. If I need help I'll let you know, trust me."

That is all he needed to hear before rushing up the stairs. I stood in the middle of the room for a second before the panic returned, and I rushed to the corner I was in a few minutes before. I heard Dean yell for his brother upstairs before a gun shot was heard. I could hear arguing, but couldn't quite make out what they were saying. The door to the basement was suddenly flung open, and hurried steps were followed, as the person ran down the stairs. The person threw a necklace into the fire.

As soon as I noticed it was Dean, I went up to him and asked, "What was that?"

He was breathing heavily as he responded, "Lori's necklace."

"Of course," I mumbled as we watched the necklace burn.As the necklace finished burning, Dean grabbed my hand and we ran to a room Sam was in.

He was gripping his arm, and I noticed he was bleeding."Oh my God, Sam," I exclaimed, rushing to his side, "Let me look at it."He took his hand away from the wound and I inspected it, "It's not too deep, but it needs to be cleaned."

He nodded at me as Dean asked, "It gone?"Sam moved his gaze from me to Dean and nodded again.

Lori then called the police and they showed up a few moments later along with the paramedics. I pushed Sam towards them to get his wound examined and cleaned up, as the Sheriff made his way toward Dean and me."You guys want to explain to me what the hell happened here," He asked aggressively.

I looked at the man, and raised my eyebrows. Dean explained what had happened and then the Sheriff started to say he wanted us out of his town, but Dean interrupted him, "Yeah, we're leaving. Don't worry."

We walked away from the crabby Sheriff, towards the car and waited patiently for Sam. I looked over to where Sam was standing. He was holding Lori's hand, and hesitated before walking towards us.

"We can stay," Dean offered, seeing that Sam indeed took a liking to Lori, but Sam just shook his head holding his sore shoulder. With that Dean took off down the road, none of us looking back.