#110

Painfully Shy

Background Knowledge|| a 5sos au in which Calum is a senior in high school, and you're his little sister and you're a freshmen, and extremely shy, constantly stuttering over your words, getting nervous, etc.

Prompt||You're Calum's sister and painfully shy? Idk maybe he's a junior/senior and you're a freshman and you blush constantly and stutter and you're super quiet and his friends make fun of you?

_________________________________

Your first day of high school was hard, very hard, but you had an older brother, he was an upperclassmen and he helped a lot, he was the captain of the football (soccer) team, so he had a lot of friends, so when you were with him it was bad, it was anxiety and stuttering and blushing due to the stuttering, but Calum didn't mind, he was really helpful with everything.

"Y/N, come on love, wake up." Calum coos, kissing your hair, and smiling at you.

You sigh and sit up, already feeling nervous about high school, sadly.

You stand up and pull on jeans and a t-shirt, heading to the bathroom to straighten your hair, applying make-up and perfume, before stepping out, Calum grins, finishing up his hair, and spraying cologne.

"Look at you, all grown up." He chuckles, smiling warmly at you, making you blush and look down at your black vans.

"Hey, you nervous?" He asks, knowingly, and crouching down a bit, making you give him a sheepish nod.

"Listen, it's all going to be fine okay? I'll help you get to all your classes and you'll be fine, I'm going to make this as easy as possible for you." He coos and places a kiss to your forehead, and pulls you into a hug.

You grin and nod, hugging him back tightly. "That means so much, Cal, you don't even know." You whisper, kissing his cheek.

He nods and smiles, standing up, and handing you your backpack, and slinging his over his shoulder, and heading toward the car, starting it, and waiting for you to get buckled in before taking off.

He parks his car and steps out, waiting for you, and then heading to the main office, getting both your schedules, looking yours over, and grinning. "Cool, we have a couple electives together, that'll be tons of fun?" He grins, teasingly and you giggle and nod.

"Of course it will!" You giggle, and hear his friends calling him over and you look at him, as if to ask 'follow?', he nods at you and heads over.

"Who's that?" One of them asks, looking you up and down, a rude look on his face, making you shy away and hide behind your hair, a blush on your cheeks from all the attention.

Calum glares. "Henry hush, that's my sister." He spits, and Henry's eyes avert from you.

"She's a freshmen?" One grins, a glint of teasing in his eyes.

Calum nods at him, a warning look.

"Oi Cal, lighten up, damn." Another says, shoving him a bit.

"Come on what's your name, quit being so quiet." One asks you, Mark was his name, making Calum's jaw clench.

"Y-Y/N.." You say softly, stuttering making you curse yourself, sighing.

"Y-Y/N!" They mock, smirking.

"Can't say I've heard that one before." Mark smirks, and that was just the start.

"Yeah and your name is douchebag, but it's not common either is it?" Calum spits, and grabs your hand dragging you away.

"I'm sorry about them, I don't know why they're acting like that." He says, his voice soft as he helps you to your first period class.

You just nod, your feelings hurt, and he knew that but you all couldn't talk about it right now, and you knew that, because you didn't want to cry on your first day and look like a huge baby.

"I'll see you after this class, alright love?" Calum says softly, smiling down at you.

You grin up at him and nod.

The rest of the day went on like that, he'd escort you around and then at lunch you had sat with your friends, until a few seniors approached the table, making you and your friends look up, you realized it was the same few boys from this morning, making you want to cry all over again, assuming they had came to make fun of you.

"Y/N right?" One says softly, his name was Ashton, he hadn't said a word to you, so you didn't stutter when you spoke to him.

"Yeah." You say softly, looking up at him, finally.

"We just wanted to say we're sorry for making fun of you this morning, it was wrong and we shouldn't have done it." Mark says, giving you a reassuring smile, to say he wasn't going to do it again.

"Alright, it's fine, thank you for apologizing." You say, not whispering or stuttering.

They all flash you and your friends a smile before walking on over to their table.

You smile to yourself before you continue your lunch with your friends, waiting for Calum at the lockers and doors, until you all finally headed home.

"So how was your first day?" He grins, shifting into drive and pulling out onto the road.

"You were with me pretty much the entire time, except for lunch, your friends came an apologized to me." You say, slowly and softly.

"Really? That's good, I'm glad, they really aren't bad guys." He says, patting your knee as he parks the car in the driveway and grabbing your backpack, setting them by the door, going and getting changed, you following suit.

He makes you both a snack, which you munch on while talking about teachers and stuff, just making conversation before you both head up to his room.

He pulls you under the covers, making sure you're nice and tucked in, before pulling you into his arms and cuddling you, a movie playing in the background.

Author's Note| request are open| -taylor (ashsxprincess}