#97

He Gets His Braces Off

"So not fair!" You growl, adding some wax to the place where the bracket was digging into your cheeks.

"HA HA!" He teases, showing off his brace filled smile for the last time, before walking back to the orthodontist.

Calum always had a nice smile even with braces, you were hoping you could actually have a decent smile, your mum had told you your smile was terrible once and you hadn't really smiled with your teeth since.

"They look great, Cal." You say, smiling, you had saw your mum text a family member about how she would be happy when she had brace less kids, and that you specifically had a decent smile.

You weren't in the best mood, so you didn't even bother when Calum got in the front seat, and you just thought about sleeping while your mom ravished Cal in complements.

"Hey you. Come here!" Calum giggles, pulling you into his lap, while your mom cooked dinner.

"Now what's wrong with you?" He whispers.

"Nothing, Cal." You say, squirming out of his grip and up to your room.

"Y/N Y/M/N HOOD!" He screams, making you stop dead in your tracks and turn around, eyes wide.

"Sorry.." You whisper, sitting down in the middle of the hallway.

"Now you're gonna tell big brother what's wrong or big brother is going to tickle you to death!" He smiles.

"Yeah, Cal, I'm just upset."

"But why?"

"Mum, she just always talks about my teeth thinking I can't hear her, and I can and I'm such an insecure freak!" I cry.

"Oh sweetie! Your smile is beautiful! So beautiful! You're beautiful, don't listen to mum, okay?"

"Thanks Cal." You whisper and sigh.

Later that night while you were asleep your mum and Calum had a talk, and she didn't talk about your teeth anymore.

*2 years later*

"OKAY! LETS SEE THAT GORGEOUS SMILE!" Ashton, your brothers friend, says, smiling.

You give them a big smile, and they all complement you, making you blush.