#43

Stress

Age- 14

Your brother , Ashton had been stressed a lot lately. Yet being 14 came with a lot of stress, you were struggling in school, and you had wanted to talk to your brother about your grades, before the end of term.

"Ash?"You ask, walking into his room.

"Y/N, I'm really tired, can this wait?" He asks.

"Yea, I guess." You say.

He never actually got to talk to you, so here it is, you waking home, scared, because you failed math and science.

"Your school called, said you got your report card, can I see it?"

"Ash, you're gonna be mad, I tried to talk to you last week. You were tired and stressed. We never got to talk about it afterwards." You say handing it to him. He opens it up and skims over it.

"You're failing math and science? Just go up to your room, I'm not happy." He says, pointing towards the steps.

"I tried to say something, I'm sorry." You say.

"Go!" He yells. You sigh and jog up the steps.

He never said you were grounded, and that meant you were spending the night with Luke. You two were really close.

You grab your phone, and text him.

"Are you in trouble?" He texts back.

"Kinda, he like is mad but he didn't ground me."

"I'll be there in 10 minutes (:" He texts. You quickly pack a duffel bag, and the extra credit science and math homework.

"Y/N!" Ashton yells.

"Yes?" You ask peeking your head out the door.

"Luke is here! You are too smart!" He says.

"We are talking tomorrow though." He says, kissing your forehead and hugging you good bye.

"Ready, kiddo?"

"Yea." You say, waving good bye. He takes your bag, and you carry your school bag.

"So what happened?" He asks, as he backs out of the car.

"Well about 2 weeks ago, I tried to tell him I was having some problems in school, and he was really stressed and tired, he said we would talk later, and we never did, then he got mad when I showed him my report card."

"Oh, well you tried to tell him, he can't blame you for that, but what classes are you failing?" He asks.

"Math and Science." You mumble.

"I can help you?" He suggests.

"Yeah, thanks. I have extra credit in my bag."

"At least, you are trying to fix it, most people won't do that." He says, smiling. You nod.

"How about we work on this homework, then we can watch some movies?" He asks. You nod.

"Okay so this is food webs and it's just like a normal web except backwards, the arrow is what's eating the thing." He says. Then you move onto square roots.

In about an hour it's all done and you feel confident that you will be passing.

"Thank you so much." You say, hugging him. He chuckles and hugs you back.

"Movies?" He asks. You nod. He puts in Mean Girls and you watch through the previews, waiting for the movie to start. He opens his arms.

"Cuddle?" He asks. You giggle, but crawl into his arms and cuddle with him. You end up watching movies til about 1AM, once you pass out in his arms he carries you into the spare room.

*The Next Morning*

"Y/N.. Wake up!" Luke says, shaking you.

"No." You groan, rolling over.

"I'm gonna tickle you!" He singsongs. You scoot to the other side of the bed. He smirks. His fingers latch on your sides and start tickling.

"Aha! LUKE! Stop! I'm up!" You squeal, squirming away.

"Good! Let's go! We are going to get breakfast with the lads!"

"Get out! I wanna get dressed!" You say shoving him. He smiles. Once you get dressed and do your make up, you and Luke head out.

"Are we going to Ash's house first?" You ask.

"Yea. Were all going to ride in the same car." Luke says.

"Ugh." You say, covering your face with your hands.

"You have to talk to him, Y/N." Luke says.

"I know, but I don't like it when he's mad at me." You say.

"He won't stay mad at you, we all know that." He says. You nod. You grab your bags and walk inside.

"We still have to talk." Ashton says, as soon as you walk in.

"I know." You say, sitting on the couch.

"Look I'm not mad, I know everybody messes up, and Luke told me you tried to tell me, I should not have pushed you away, and I'm going to try and not do that anymore. Are you trying to bring your grades up?"

"Yea, Luke helped me with some extra credit." You say. He nods.

"Good. I'm proud of you." He says hugging you and kissing your forehead.