#124

You Come Out ||

Michael never showed any sign of homophobia, but you were terrified.

You cried at night and he would always come in and ask what was wrong, but you could never tell him. You'd lie.

The anxiety of sitting up at night and thinking about the outcome of you being gay, liking girls and openly telling your older brother terrified you.

But at the same time you knew it would be a big relief to get this secret off your chest. It was your biggest secret and it was also the most damaging.

You had lost friends over it, even teachers at school resented you. You could tell, it was obvious. This was Michael though, you don't think you could live with yourself if your older brother didn't love you anymore.

He was your entire world, he was the most important person in your life. He always was there. He held you. He cuddled you. He reassured you that everything would be okay, and he always said he would love you no matter what. I guess it was time to test that.

"M-Mikey can we talk?" You ask, the stutter in your voice let him know you were nervous.

"What is it princess? Come here." He smiles and opens his arms, pulling you into his lap.

"I-I don't know how to tell you this b-but I've been trying to figure out how to word it but I can't and I'm scared and please just don't hate me but I'm gay!" You cry, pressing your palms to your hands.

Michael gasp, not that you were gay, that didn't bother him at all, he was shocked you thought he would hate you for something you couldn't control.

"Baby, listen, you're my princess, you'll always be my princess, and I said I would love you no matter what happens and that would always be true I don't care that you're gay, not at all, I'm happy and proud of you for having the courage to tell me. I love and accept you. I always will. I'm proud of you." He says and tilts your chin up.

You were now crying tears of joy. Your arms wrapped around his neck, crying in his neck. "Thank you. Thank you so much. I love you so much." You cry.

He rubs your back, hushing you, whispering little nothing's in your ear.

I do not want any homophobic comments or anything of that kind on THIS. There will be three more of these. I want you all to know that if any of you need to talk about sexuality or need someone to talk to you can A L W A Y S come to me. -taylor