#54

Luke(Age 16)

My boyfriend had dropped me off, and Luke was waiting, I knew I was going to get a lecture.

"LUKE! He's really nice, and I like him a lot! COULD YOU PLEASE STOP BEING A JACK ASS AND MEET HIM?!" I scream.

I knew when his eyes turned glassy, I had fucked up, big time.

"Wait, Luke please stop! I'm sorry!"

"Whatever, I'm just trying to protect you. Get away from me." He says, going to his room.

*The Next Day*

"I heard you and Luke arguing last night, you better apologize to him." Mum says, giving me a knowing look.

"I know mum, it's just he's so protective, and I love him to death, but he's worse than Ben and Jack!"

"I believe, when me and your father found out you were a girl, we predicted that. Ben and Jack are coming over tonight though, maybe they could sway his opinion?"

"Yea, maybe. Thanks mum." I say, running up to my room.

My phone buzzed on the table.

Andrew- Hey were through.

That was my boyfriend for almost a year, and he just dumped me, like a dump truck.

"LUKE!" I scream, tears running down my face, sobs escaping my lips.

"What is it, are you okay?" He asks.

"No! You were right! He dumped me!" I cry.

"Oh, munchkin, I'm so sorry." He says, wrapping me up in a hug.

"No, I'm sorry, you're not a jack ass, you were right." I sob into his chest.

"Forget about him! He wasn't worth it." He coos, his lips kissing the top of my head.

"SHELBY! LUKE! YOUR BROTHERS ARE HERE!" Mum yells.

"Ben! Jack!" I say, hugging them.

"Have you been crying?" Ben asks.

"Luke what did you do?" Jack asks.

"Nothing! Her boyfriend dumped her." Luke says.

"Oh, munchkin." Ben coos.

"I just wanna know why! Is there something wrong with me?" I ask.

"SHELBY RAYANNE HEMMINGS! Look at me!" Jack says, leading you to the couch.

My head turns to him.

"You are perfect just the way you are, he's just a dick." He says, aimlessly rubbing circles on my back.

I instantly relax and fall back into Jacks chest. He wraps his arms around me.

"Will you guys stay the night? Please?" I ask, a puppy pout on my lips.

"Sure, Ben? You wanna stay?"

"Yea. I'll stay!"

"YAY, LUCAS WE ARE RELIVING ARE CHILD HOOD!"

"So Ben and Jack are going to be mean to us, and we're going to tell mum, then she grounds them?" He asks looking up from his phone.

"Can we not do that? I don't like being teased, especially since I'm the youngest, and a girl?" I pout, laying on Luke's side.

"Aw wittle baby!" Luke coos, pinching my cheeks.

"Oi! Stop it!" I squeal, running up the stairs.

Luke chases me, somehow I get back down the stairs, and run outside, only to be met by my other 2 brothers.

"SHIT!" I scream.

"If we catch you your screwed!" Ben teases.

I take off running to the back yard.

They all run back there.

"Gotcha." Luke smirks, tickling me.

"Stop!" I squeal, bending over his arm that's keeping me from running away.

Ben and Jack stand over there smiling, looking at the 2 of you.

"Man they've grown up." Ben says, watching you guys.

"Yea, I remember when they were 8, and there only concern was what time they went to bed."

"Aha. Yea, I remember that!"

"Dinner!" Mum calls.

"But mum! I was having fun!" Luke yells.

"I'm not!" I say, breaking free, and running to my brothers.

"S-save me."

They laugh, Jack picks me up bridal style, carrying me in.

"What were you 4 doing?" She asks sitting down.

"Well Jack and I were reminiscing, Luke, was tickling the wittle baby to death." Ben coos.

I blush, covering my cheeks.

"I'm not a baby!" I fake pout.

"Baby's pout, thus proving my point." Ben says, smiling.

I playfully, punch his shoulder. He gives me a knowing look.

His hands latch into my sides, making me squeal with laughter.

"Ben! No tickling your sister at dinner!" Mum says, winking.

"Great, you're giving him permission after dinner!" I say, a small whine in my voice.

"How about after dinner, you guys watch some movies, or look through some photo albums?" Mum asks.

"Yes. Yes. Let's do that." I say automatically agreeing.

*after dinner*

"Oh my gosh! Look at Ben!" I squeal, showing it to Luke.

"And we're embarrassing!" Luke giggles, pulling me into his side, ruffling my hair.

"Luke!" I squeal.

"What?" He asks, his knuckles running over my head.

"Stop!" I giggle.

Narrators POV

Eventually the youngest child crashes on her brother Luke's chest, while the 2 oldest take pictures to send to his band mates. The 3 sure did a good job getting her mind off that dumb douchebag.