Chapter 84

I stopped walking.
He'd let go of my hand and stood slightly to the side so as not to block my view.
As if he even could.

I'd been to this backyard a number of times, and in my opinion, the term 'backyard' didn't give this place justice.

It was really large for one and wasn't fenced, so it looked like it had enough space to build another mansion.
The grass was low cut here, almost always, there was a wooden and glass shed at the far end and a giant pool right in the centre. With a cute little summer hut a little behind the pool.

The pool was always covered, therefore never actually used, so anytime I was out here, I'd sit on the lounging chairs and relax.

But today, it was uncovered. And practically glowing.

The first thing that caught my eyes, as usual, were the lights.
Blue and green, coming from inside the pool, making it appear like some glowing elixir, ready to grant me three wishes.
Next were the yellow and white floor lights that lined the edges of the pool, all around.

I looked further and saw that there were even lights surrounding the little hut, those weren't too bright but they still illuminated the area.
And the small round table that stood under the hut had something white on it, like a table cloth. And two candles giving of a soft glow.

Hm.
Candles?

At this point in my confusion I turned back to Damon who only took my hand and led me further, still not saying anything.
We passed directly by the pool which I also noticed had little streams of bubbles in it.
It was just calling me to swim now.

We walked up to the summer hut and I wanted to 'aww'.
It wasn't a large hut, it was small and made out of some type of hard clanky wood and had straw lining the roof.
But that made it all the more cosy looking.
The place had obviously been cleaned because the last and first time I ever stood here, I remember walking into quite a number of cobwebs and dust was lining everything.

But it was all neat now. And I had been right, there was a white table cloth on the table now, and two seats facing each other that weren't there before.
And now for the showstopper, the two lovely round candles on the table, along with two trays and dishes, both covered and separated by an ice bucket with,

"Is that wine?" Was the first thing that slipped out.
He breathed out a laugh and I turned to face him.

"Non alcoholic champagne actually." He said, his voice a bit quiet.

I nodded, looking at the little arrangement once more.
I didn't know what was under those lids, but it suddenly made my hunger come back a tenfold.
It smelled good.

"Do you like it?" If we hadn't been the only two people out here I would have said someone else was speaking.
The voice almost didn't belong to him.
He sounded so..., hesitant.
It threw me off a bit, so I didn't even catch the meaning of his question right away.

"What?" I asked, my voice also quiet. I felt like speaking loudly now would just scare him off. For what reason, I wasn't sure.

"All this?" I gestured towards the little set up which seemed romantic now that we were cast in the soft glow of the candle light.

He nodded slowly, never taking his eyes off me. Like he wanted to catch every single reaction and feeling coming off of me.

And then I realised that he'd done this, for me?
He made this whole place a beautiful scenery again, for a candle lit dinner. For me?
For me.

Suddenly the place looked a hundred times more romantic. It was beautiful.
And thoughtful. And that's what really touched me.

I didn't care if it was peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in those saucers, as long as they're coming from him, I'd love it.
And I liked bread. In fact I really still wanted to eat the bread I had decided on earlier.