Chapter 100

An: Chapter 100 wohoo! We've come far and we're nearing the end, thanks for joining me on this ride guys, you're awesome! I really appreciate you all!
Love S.💕

*****

Mavis and I had walked out of the library and towards the pack house, discussing as we went.

We decided to meet up at the library and continue with our research hoping to find something, anything. After a while of finding nothing meaningful, we decided to head out.

"I still can't believe so much has happened." Mavis sighed. "And that wicked witch Sarah, I can't believe she- ugh!"

I nodded silently as I walked alongside her. I still couldn't believe it myself, how gullible I'd been.

"I can't believe I let her braid my hair! All while she was trying to poison- wait," She paused like a thought just came to her. "That's why I was knocked out for almost a day."

"What?"

"When I had some of that your blasted tea once, I was literally slumped over for a day, and I didn't know why. I'm sure it must have been the tea."

"Oh, I remember that." I said recollecting the day that we went to see Evelyn and James had informed me that Mavis had been sleeping since the previous afternoon well into the next day.
It knocked her out.

"Wow, one hit and I was out, and you'd been taking it for goodness knows how long. Your wolf must be really strong."

That, I am.
I could instantly feel my wolf become smug.

Yes, yes you are.
And I know I've said this so many times, but I really am sorry for all that rotten tea.

"It still upsets me that we never saw through her what I now realise was a pathetic guise of being my long lost family. I mean that sounds like the most cliché thing ever."
I wasn't sure if I would ever live that down.

"I'm just glad that the tea didn't cause any serious damage to you and your wolf. Have you any idea what it was made of? Because I'm seriously beginning to doubt it was just simple Chamomile."

I actually stifled a laugh.
"It was actually never Chamomile, that I knew, but she was also very conveniently vague each time I asked what was in it."

"Of course she was."

"And if I'm being honest with myself, I never actually felt any different when I took it, it didn't actually relax me, but I convinced myself that it did. I mean, it was warm soothing liquid going down my throat, of course it felt good."

We had gotten to the pack house and we sat on some benches facing the playground out back.

"But as soon as my mind was cleared I could tell instantly that it was foul. Foul and all over my house and kitchen."
Mavis regarded me with unblinking eyes but she seemed to be veering off I thought.

"A foul scent in your kitchen?"

"Yeah, as soon as the ceremony was over and we went home the scent hit us. Very pungent, it smelt like rotten eggs and something burnt, like burning-"

"Metal. It smelt like burning metal?"

"Yeah," I said a bit confused. "It smelt exactly like burning metal. How'd you guess?"

"I didn't. That day we were cooking in your kitchen, although she didn't say the scent was as pungent she did say that you had some bad stuff in your cabinets."

"What, who?"

"Mara. She said you had some spices in your cabinet that were rotten and that smelt like burning iron."