Chapter 19

So where were we?

Ah yes, what a lucky girl I am.

Did I remember to mention that he literally came in with so much force that he knocked the door of its hinges?

Well he did.

That seemed to snap reality into Ryan.

He shot up from his seat on the sofa and quickly did a bow thing. And I just stayed rooted in place.

"Uh Alpha, what are you- I mean what can I help- uh... Alpha." Ryan gave up trying to form a coherent sentence and just bowed his head in silence.

He looked nervous, not necessarily because he had done something bad, because we weren't actually doing anything.
But because of the look that was coming from the Alpha that was trained solely on him.

I looked over at Damon and his eyes were glowing an unusual bright blue and he looked angrier than usual, and that's saying a lot.
His eyes were alight and looked animalistic and wild which led me to believe that his wolf was surfacing.
This is not going to end well.

What was he doing here?
And why did he barge in like that?

It all happened like a flash next, before I knew it Ryan was pushed up against the wall with Damon right in his face.

Damon's jaw was tight and he clenched his fists by his sides so hard that I could see his veins straining against his skin. His breathing was harsh and he looked like he was trying his absolute best to restrain himself from doing something to Ryan.

Ryan on the other hand looked so confused and scared, like he was about to wet his pants.
Damon wasn't necessarily that much bigger than Ryan, but you don't need to be told that Damon could end him in a second, which is all his look was giving away on his intent right now.

Again, I had no idea what was happening or why it was.

They were like that for a while until Damon let out a low growl which I could tell was from his wolf because his eyes seemed to shine brighter at that moment and the sound, although not that loud, vibrated and echoed around the whole room.
Ryan just let out a soft whimper and dropped his head, obviously his wolf was submitting.

Damon reluctantly stepped away from him and turned to me.

Oh boy.

Call it reflex or something but the moment he took a step in my direction I shot up from my seat and took a step back.

He stopped moving and shut his eyes, when he reopened them they were still a bright blue but a little dimmer than before.

He approached me and this time I didn't move back.

Its like I couldn't, I was in some sort of trance.
Or I just refused to be stupid, it's not like I had anywhere to hide at this point.

He got to me and he grabbed me by the arm.

"You're coming with me."

And that's how I ended up practically being dragged through the pack's territory to the Alpha's house on the other side.

For some reason, I didn't protest as he dragged me through the night.

Maybe because of the way his eyes were shinning or maybe because I knew protesting wouldn't get me anywhere but I was silent throughout.

We got to a house which I recognized to be the Alpha's house, and we entered.

No actually, he shoved me inside and stood outside.

"Don't dare leave here." and with that he shut the door and locked me in, then he left.

I was literally too confused to even move.