Chapter 33

My head is pounding.
My limbs are throbbing. My heart is racing.

I woke up with a start.
I opened my eyes and blinked several times to adjust my eyes to the environment.

But they weren't.

I sat up.
Oh no.

Either I was in a really dark room that didn't belong to me or I had gone blind.

I tried to wave a hand in front of my face but I couldn't.

My hands were bound behind me.
More like chained, by the cool metal against my skin and the clanking noises it made.

Wait, chained?

My last memories flashed through my mind.

Thunderstorm, Sirens, Anastasia, Latifah...

Oh no.

"I see you're awake." a low voice said from like five feet behind me.

I froze.

My heart rate increased again.
I slowly turned my head towards the voice and then I saw a small lamp being switched on.

It wasn't all too bright but it was just enough to see around.
The person just looking like a shadow behind the dim source of light.

The figure behind the lamp set it on a table and walked past it towards me.

It was when the person was directly in front of me that I realized that I sitting on the floor.

The person crouched down and then I saw his face.

Dark blonde hair.

Light brown eyes.
More like Hazel eyes.

It took me a minute to recognize him.

"You, you're the guy-"

"Ah ah ah." he cut me off. "Yes you're right, but just so you know, I'm Jax, Alpha Jax." He said smiling at me.

"What do you want from me? Why am I here? What are you going to do to me?" A lot of thoughts suddenly ran through my mind, none of them good.

"You don't need to worry your pretty little head about all those things, all you need to know is that you're safe now, with me." He said while softly stroking hair out of my face.

Wait, hold up. With who?

"I've been looking for you for quite a while now."

"Looking for me? Why? I don't know you." I was beginning to get scared.
I don't like where this is going.

"My mate, my beautiful princess."

I just sat there staring at him wide eyed.

Oh help me.

He just kept staring at me and basked in the dim orange light of the lamp he looked somewhat possessed.

He trailed his finger down my face and down to my shoulder.

He moved my hair aside and kissed that spot.
My heart rate picked up again, if that was even possible.

"Don't be afraid of me, I won't hurt you. Only this is going to hurt a bit."

What is?

He wants to mark us.

No!

He had already moved his head to the crook of my neck when I jerked back, hitting the wall slightly in the process.

"No, stop." I demanded.

He only smiled.

"You look just like her." He said stroking my face again.