Chapter 22

I wrapped my hair in a towel as soon as I stepped out of the shower.

I had a long relaxing bath and I even washed my hair which felt amazing.

The bathroom was incredible.

White shiny tiled walls, a solid white large marble bathtub, a huge shower with frosted glass sliding doors. The bathroom was spacious and elegant.

I had used this place for the first time yesterday after Damon, openly, told me to go and bath.

Maybe it was his subtle or nice way of saying I stink?

Pfft, nice. Yeah right.

Anyway, after he went upstairs I got chatting with Latifah and I found out that Anastasia is actually Damon's cousin. His mom's sister died while giving birth to her. The nanny that had been hired to help Anastasia's pregnant mother offered to take care of her till her family came for her.

She stayed there in England till she was two years old and then Latifah went to bring her home. The nanny had grown very fond of her so she did go to visit her often.
She just came back from a three month holiday.

Latifah told me that apart from her, she's the only family he has left.

My heart throbbed a bit when she mentioned that part.
Maybe that explains his grumpiness?
But it's still no excuse.

Latifah also let it slip how happy she was that Damon finally kicked Cassandra out.

I couldn't help but smile at that too.

She also briefed me a bit on the meeting that was being held today.

They were trying to form an alliance with the other packs so that our territories will be more impermeable against opposing packs.
Apparently Damon controlled a larger pack and had more land in his possession as compared to the others, hence he had the upper hand.
No wonder he was being a complete douche to them.

I stepped into the room and walked to the closet. It was stacked with clothes that were just my size.

Not all of them were my type though but most of them were.

I settled for a pink and yellow floral dress with spaghetti straps.
It looked comfortable and it felt very soft in my hands.

I air dried my hair and allowed it to fall in natural waves.

I paired it with white sandals and made my way downstairs.

Okay so the house was empty.

Latifah had gone with Anastasia to go get her things from the pack house and Damon had gone to the meeting he so courteously rescheduled.

I can't believe that they actually came back. If it was up to me, I wouldn't have even breathed in this direction again.

I was planning to meet up with Mavis today and hang out.
I got downstairs and stopped.

I am allowed to go out right?

Of course I am, I'm not a kid.
Even if I am not, I don't care.

I stepped out of the house and shut the door behind me.

I took one step forward before realization dawned on me, I had no idea where the hell I was going to.

As if hearing my uncried cry for help a guard walked by me.

"Any problem?" He asked raising his brows.

He was about 6 foot something and for a minute I was actually a bit too intimidated to reply. He was a redhead and he had dark eyes that almost seemed black. He reminded me of the first guard I had the pleasure of acquainting myself with when I got here. Dan.
But he gave me crooked smile which made it somewhat better.