Chapter 101

I sat cross legged on the floor in my room wondering whether I should go through with this.
Holding the candle in my hand, I tried to dissuade myself while also simultaneously pumping myself up for this.

A two days had gone by since I started preparing for this encounter.
Sorayah had added more detailed instructions for the candle on a piece of a paper she attached to the bottom of it. Among those instructions was an important note saying that I could only light it at sunset.

So here I was, waiting.

I also had to wait for Damon to get back with Marcus, who said he'll be here before sundown, which is when I need to light the damn thing.

I have more of the pack members in the loop, who have a general idea of what is going on. And they are all ready to fight. And better suited to protect themselves.
That and the fact that she could literally be anyone emphasizes the need for everyone to be on the lookout as much as they can. Look for those festering scars.

I stared at my hand as my claws elongated. These nails, these claws, would I actually be successful again? Was that dumb luck the first time? Could I actually do what I'm setting out to do?

My plan?
It may not be a master plan but it was something. Everyone that was gonna be stationed outside my room today would be just as backup. In case things go awry.
Which I hope they don't.

I don't know how much more time we have, I have. Before those witches try something again.

I don't want them to have enough time to regroup and get to planning and continuing with their sinister plots.
I need to take her out.
Someway somehow.

I was hoping to everything that there would be a breakthrough in this.

This is risky.

I know. But sitting around waiting for them to strike again feels riskier. I need to do something.

The wound I inflicted on her arm, I did that when she was still in shadow form.
That day in the woods.

This could mean that I may not even have to open the glass to get a physical foothold to be able to hurt her.
Her wound never healed and it festered continuously.
If I could somehow inflict a deeper wound on her in a more lethal spot, maybe it would be enough to take her out. Or at least incapacitate her.

She would be on extra alert since she knows what I can do to her. So I would definitely need to catch her off guard.
Maybe go for her throat?

Straight for the jugular. Better yet, you should claw out her heart. Rip the thing right out.

Okay, first of all, this isn't an episode of vampire diaries. I don't think I could rip her heart out before she'd disappear again.

What if she can't disappear this time? What if because you've called her you hold the power?

That's a big 'what if'.
Whatever strike we've planned out must be quick and final.

We don't know the extent to which she can attack us though...

So we just need to strike first. Quick and slick.

Yes exactly- wait, quick and slick? Where'd you get that from?

Nevermind that. Focus.

Right.
Well, if I can hurt her enough to incapacitate her, it'll still be left with her goonies.
Would they exact the rest of her plans or would they be too lost to function without her?

She could be one of the minions doing her masters bidding that wouldn't even be noticed if she's gone.
She could also happen to be their master that holds all their life force hence taking her out will automatically take them all out.

But which is she?

For some reason I didn't think basing my entire plan on the off chance that the rest of those shadow creatures were just a bunch of mindless minions who wouldn't be able function without their 'supreme overlord', if she was one, was a good idea.

I needed more. I needed some answers as well. We needed to put an end to all of this.
Not just for me or my pack, but for everyone that had been harmed by these creatures.

We're ready.

I heard Damon.
He'd returned with the others, and everyone was already at their respective posts, waiting.

The sun just beginning to make its descent in the sky.

With resolve I pulled out the match box from my desk drawer.

Let's do this.

Let's.