Chapter 37

When we got to the corridor I dug my heels into the ground in protest.

"No, stop! Where are you taking me?"

"Really, don't fight me princess."

"Would you stop calling me that!"

He turned to me with a crease in his brows.
He even had the grace to look upset.

"Why don't you want me to call you that? What's wrong with princess?"

"There is nothing wrong with the name, its you! If you haven't noticed I don't particularly like you."

"Princess, don't talk like that..." he said reaching out to touch my face, I backed away.

"I said don't call me that! Leave me alone I need to go back. You are not my mate!"
And just like that, his sweet innocent expression morphed into an furious one.
He grabbed a forceful hold of me.

"You're coming with me whether you like it or not. We're leaving the country this moment."

We're what?

"You're not taking her anywhere."

I would have have said I snapped my head in the direction of the voice but I couldn't, because my head was being held in a vice lock by Jax here.

With a growl Jax turned us around to face the person.

Never did I imagine that I would be this glad to see Marcus.

He stood there looking all sweaty and slightly bloody.

"Really? Who's gonna stop me? You?" then he started to laugh. "Please don't make me laugh."

"Yes, me." Marcus retorted.
Jax stopped laughing.

"So what, do you actually think you can fight me?" He asked with a smug smirk.

"No." Marcus said with a blank expression.

Jax now seemed confused, all smugness gone. He started looking around, probably expecting an army to jump out and attack him.
At least, that's what I was hoping for.
Sensing that we were indeed alone he turned back to Marcus.

"Then how on earth do you plan on stopping me?"

Yeah, how?

The question kinda answered itself when Marcus pulled a gun from behind his back and shot Jax.

He was out like a light.

Then he fell to the ground.

Me with him.

"That's how."

Marcus said as he got out a syringe from his back pocket and walked up to Jax and stabbed it into his neck.

"That will keep you out for at least a day." He said tossing the empty syringe to the side.

"As for you, you need to leave now." he said standing up and looking at me. I managed to sit up on the floor, with my hands still bound behind me. I looked up at him.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"Its far too dangerous here and the Alpha would have my head if I left you here."

Wait, Damon!

He's in trouble!

"Please Marcus you need to help him!" I pleaded, my heart spiking again.

Marcus just rolled his eyes at me.

"I'll get on that as soon as I have the liability out of my way."

Liability?
What liability?

"What liability are you talking about?"

"You. Now follow him and leave. Please." He pressed.

I turned my head and saw Daryl behind me.

Marcus came to me, pulled me up and snapped the chains off.
Just like that.
Then he moved me towards Daryl and then run further into the house.

Daryl held me by the shoulders and was practically carrying me out of the house cause I refused to move, or maybe I really couldn't.

"Don't worry everything will be fine, let's just get out of here alive..."

We had almost reached the door when I heard screams and grunts and sounds of breaking bones from behind us.

My heart literally ached now.

More than ever before.

My life just keeps getting worse.

"Everything will be fine..." He sounded more like he was trying to reassure himself.

I don't think it ever will.

~~~

Don't forget to vote and comment!
Thanks for reading!!!
Sharon S.