Chapter 10

"The one up North or down South?" James asked Damon. Damon run a hand through his hair before he turned to look at me. His breathing was heavy, ragged.

He turned around again, his back facing us.

"Take her up north." and with that he stormed out of the room.

*****

"Where exactly are you taking me?" I asked James quietly as we were walking through the woods.
We left as soon as Damon left my room. I couldn't even change or say goodbye to Latifah. He just wanted me out of his house.

I think I even killed someone. It was an accident, but he wouldn't even listen.
So now here I am, going off to God knows where.

"I'm taking you to an isolation cell." he told me giving me a sympathetic smile.
A cell?

He's sending me back to a cell?

"A cell?" My heart was actually breaking at the thought.

"Don't worry, its not actually a cell, its like a small cottage." he assured me. "The Alpha has a soft spot for you, he never sends anyone to the one up north, the one down south is even worse than a cell, trust me. This one isn't so bad." he said stopping and pointing to a little cottage afr up ahead.

Granted, it wasn't what I had expected but it still felt creepy. Its so far out into the woods and so lonely.

That's why it's isolation.

James unlocked the door and led me inside. The place was old and deserted and looked like the last person that lived here was born in the 1400s. We were standing in what I believed was the living area. There was one couch in here that was facing a fireplace. Behind the couch was a table with a wooden chair beside it. Further down the hall were two wooden doors.

"Well, this will be your house for now, someone will be by tomorrow to get you everything you need." He informed me.

Is this really happening? Am I really going to stay here? Alone?

"So this is it?" I asked him holding back a sob.

"Oh Adriane." he said with a sad face and pulled me into a hug. He run his hand gently up and down my back.

"It'll be okay, he just needs time to cool down, then I'm sure he'll let you go." I sighed and stepped back.

"I really have to go now, I'll see you." he said and walked to the door.

"Thank you." I whispered it, but he heard. "Anytime." and then he opened the door, stepped out, closed it, locked it up again and walked away.
His receding footsteps reminding me of the fact that I was now completely by myself.

I was here all alone.
With the guilt of having killed someone to consume me. Eating away at me. I was a good girl growing up, somewhat. I didn't ever intentionally hurt people. How could this have happened?

The girl was strong enough to literally snap my arm in two yet she wasn't strong enough to survive a bang to the head. Even in death she was pissing me off.
But I didn't actually want her dead.

I was feeling drained, probably from my fight and transformation earlier, I didn't even have the strength to be sad.

I looked at the wall clock hanging on top of the fireplace. It said 5 o'clock but I can't be sure, although it still seems to be ticking.
What the hell am I going to do here? Will Mavis find out that I'm in here? Will I even be allowed to have visitors?
That would kinda defeat the purpose of the isolation though.

I slowly walked around, trying to get familiar with the place.
Sighing, I opened one of the wooden doors and I entered a place that seemed to be a kitchen, but it was very empty and dusty. There was a stove by the wall and a sink by it. There was a small window on top of the sink, but the window had metal bars on the outside, probably to prevent anyone from escaping.