Chapter 90

An: Double Update...

~~~

The rest of the days passed by quickly and it was finally time.

And now, as Mavis put it, I just need to look pretty and party it up, because all major preparations were handled and out of the way.

Which is why I was over analysing myself currently in the mirror.

It's Saturday and the time has come.
I was in an off white dress which Mavis approved of but didn't really agree with.

'Oh come on, it should be white, like pure white, you'll look like a princess.

"I'll look like a bride, it isn't a wedding."

"Isn't it sort of?"

I thought about that for a while.
The statement stunned me more that I thought I should have.

Was it like a wedding? Was I getting married? It was a unification ceremony, which is what happens in marriage, wasn't it? And we were already mated, wasn't that like the wolf version of marriage?

I mean, I used to fantasise about my wedding day some time back, before I knew this whole world was real. And yeah, I'd always loved the idea. Being proposed to, the cliché song playing as I walk down the aisle in church, the ridiculously long white gown, the exchange of rings, the vows, and the man I'd be in love with, waiting for me at the end.

I did love Damon, and in many ways, we were already married in the wolf sense.

I did still want the whole white wedding experience.
But was this it? And if it really was, would I have made different plans as to how this day will be held?

"And look at all this beautiful lace." Mavis commented looking at the white lace dress.

"Hmm?"

"You keep zoning out, you really gotta stay focused, we only have two days."

I was overthinking stuff as usual.
It was a unification ceremony, I was going to make the best out of it and enjoy it as much as I can. And if one day I get a white wedding, I'll take that too.

"Hello?" Mavis said waving her hand at me.

I smiled.

~~

I looked at myself in the mirror once more.

Nope. My hair looks better down.
I gently slid the band holding my hair up in a high ponytail off.

And then in a last minute breakdown, I took everything off and decided to go with the dress Mavis insisted on, but in the colour that I liked.

Yeah, we got a total of three dresses because I couldn't decide at the store and Mavis made it her business to get them all, with James' card.

I thought the first dress looked pretty but it wasn't working right now. The dress was beautiful no doubt, but I still felt like I wasn't pulling it off, regardless of my hair being up or down. To be honest, the dress looked nicer on the mannequin than on me.
I mean, I had tried the dresses on that day, but today everything hit different.

Mavis had gone for the sparkly all white lace dress option that reached a little below my knees with a thin sequence waist belt and long netted sleeves.
It was also very beautiful, on the mannequin, but I didn't know how I felt about it on me.

But I decided to have a try at it anyway, just to humor her. I knew I was still gonna get the first dress.
I don't even think I looked at myself in the mirror when I wore it cause Mavis was standing in there with me and even before I had it zipped up, she went like, "That's it, that's the one."