Chapter 5

One of the males let out a fierce and gruesome growl breaking the eerie silence. 
It didn't take long before a silver bullet was lodged into his skull. And just like that, he slumped to the ground.

"Anyone else?" The Alpha dared us to speak.
The whole room was silent.
But it was more of a shocked silence, well for me anyway. I didn't even have it in me to be scared anymore.

We all knew what was coming now.

Confrontations between packs always ended badly. It's either you come out the victor or you die. There's nothing in between. And based on our stance right now, it's safe to say that we've lost. We've lost more than just a fight.

"Good, now, where is the group from the Alpha's house? Royals first." and with that we were being pushed up to the front of the room in a line, side by side.

The Alpha walked up to the first person, that happened to be Evelyn.
He studied her carefully.

Evelyn looked him straight in the eye, her head held high. She clearly wasn't intimidated by him, or scared by the fact that she's about to die. She just looked at him with scorn.

He narrowed his eyes before grabbing her chin.

"Ah, Evelyn Prescott, the local witch. I may have some use for you." he let her go and pushed her aside.
"So I will not kill you, just yet." he smiled and moved on to the next person.

Joshua.

Joshua tried but failed to look like he wasn't intimidated.
He is Rose's son and is just eighteen. The Alpha gave him a quick glance probably deciding he was of no use to him and was about ready to snap his neck when Rose interjected.

"No!" He stilled with his hands on Joshua's head.

"Please Alpha Damon, you do not have to do this." she pleaded for her son.

I was about eight people away from Rose but I could still see the tears streaming down her face, and the terror in her eyes at the fact that she might lose her son.

He turned his head slowly to the left and looked at Rose. He then let go of Joshua's head and started walking towards her.

"What exactly makes you think that I would listen to you?" He asked staring coldly at her. And I mean that literally, the look he was giving her was actually giving me chills.

She, in turn, just looked at him with pleading eyes. He cocked his head.

"I am in a good mood right now though, so I can give you the option of going  first, to spare you the heartache of having to see your s-" He stopped abruptly, his wicked smile disappearing from his face.

His shoulders tensed up as he sniffed around briefly.
He stopped sniffing and let out a low growl.

Since we saw our Alpha die, my heart just felt numb with shock but after he let out that growl my heart started racing again, and I was officially terrified.

Everyone has to die at some point and it's never a fun thought to have, but to see it right in front of you, and anticipate it, now that's something else.
How would it be? Would it be so quick that I felt nothing? Or would my consciousness leave my body slowly while I feel every single ounce of pain as my blood and life leaves my body?

I looked over at Mavis, she looked absolutely defeated. She was just staring down at the ground, a steady stream of tears flowing down her cheeks. Her parents were dead, and now her only remaining family has been brutally murdered. Everyone was grieving, no room to console anyone.

I finally looked at Alpha Damon again and he took a step away from Rose who was still pleading with her eyes.

His eyes then started to menacingly slowly look at everyone, one by one.