Chapter 21

I followed Latifah out of the kitchen and she led me upstairs to the room I was in before and unlocked it.

Then she led me inside.

The room had been completely renovated after I..., you know, wrecked it, and it looks ten times as nice as it did before.

The bed was now a king size, there was a beige carpet all over the room, there was a huge white wooden closet with golden rims.

And there was a mini version of Damon's chandelier hanging from the ceiling.

There was a huge plasma screen facing the bed hanging on the wall.

There were new blue curtains and a light pink bedside table and two blue bean bags in front if the TV.

All in all this room was awesome.

"I actually prepared this room for you because I wasn't sure if you were going to stay here or in his room so..." Latifah trailed off.

Prepared a room?

For me? For what?

"Latifah, honestly thank you for your troubles but I don't plan on staying here." As soon as I said this Latifah's face dropped.

"What do you mean you're not staying here? He brought you here to stay didn't he?" Latifah argued.

"No, there was something-, wrong with him last night, he wasn't himself, he doesn't even remember any of it." I told her.

Lasts nights actions weren't his own, that's why when he came back to his senses this morning he kicked me out.

She took a deep breath and sighed.

"He has never been more himself, Adriane look, last night Damon's wolf was in control that's why he brought you here, he will try to deny it but his wolf wants you, it needs you, he needs you." Latifah said taking my hands in hers and practically begging me to stay.

I shook my head slowly.
I really didn't want to stay, I don't even want to deal with him anymore, he's so frustrating and he's always so angry.

And not to be jealous of a four year old but she's the only one I've seen that he looks at like he's not gonna rip her head off any minute.

And he's given me that look one to many times, and it hurts.

Yes, he kicked Cassandra out today but it wasn't for me or because of me, he's probably had it with her, but it still doesn't mean that we'll live happily ever after.

What if its a step in the right direction?

I sighed.

"Give him time, he'll come around but please, you have to stay, it won't work out if you aren't here... besides I'll be here with you." she smiled at the end of her sentence trying to convince me.

I reluctantly nodded.

Maybe a day won't hurt.

"Thank you dear."

Just then we heard a scream from downstairs.

"Aaaaaaaaaaahhhh!" a screech was heard around the whole house, wait, mansion.

"Daaaaaammoonn! Put me doooooown." we heard Anastasia squeal at Damon in between laughs.

Latifah laughed and shook her head slowly walking towards the door. I followed her and we walked back downstairs.

Anastasia was running round while Damon leaned against the bar with his arms crossed over his chest watching the little girl in amusement.

She was strangely very hyper all of a sudden, and when I noticed a purple juice box on one of the bar stools plus two obviously empty ones by it, I knew exactly why.

Sugar.

This is not gonna end well.

Kids + sugar = lots of trouble

She was still screaming and giggling and running as fast as her two little legs would carry her. Running while no one was chasing her.

She raced past us and into the kitchen then out, she ducked behind the couches and then she was back out again like she was living in some sort of parkour reality, then she run behind the bar and then run right into it.

The cupboard containing all the drinks shook slightly and a bottle from the last shelf fell to the floor shattering to pieces. Anastasia wasn't hurt cause she stepped away in time.
Wide eyed she looked up at Latifah, then at Damon, who still had a smile on his face, a dimple poking his cheek, she then looked back at Latifah.

"Damon did it!" She said pointing an accusing little finger at him which caused him to lift his brows up in surprise but with amusement.

Latifah and I let out small laughs and Latifah shook her head looking at the mess.

The read liquid was now spreading all over the floor and moving close to Anastasia's pink shoes.

She looked down and took some steps back. She then looked up and smiled.

"Uhm, I'm just going to watch some TV, I'll be...not here." and she rushed to the living room and dived into one of the couches quickly turning the TV on.

"I'll get that." Latifah said referring to the mess and walked into the kitchen.

Now it was just left with me and Damon standing there.

For the first time since he came downstairs he turned to look at me.

His smile had already faded, figured.

I quickly looked away before I made eye contact with him.

Then I saw the front door open and Marcus walked in.

He looked around and when his eyes landed on Damon he nodded 'Alpha' and walked towards him.

"Alpha, the elders are already set and the other Alphas are on their way here, we must get going to the meeting hall." Marcus explained.

Latifah also came out from the kitchen with a broom and a mop to go clean up the spill.

Marcus greeted her as she passed by.

"For what?" Damon asked turning to look at him.

"The Alliance meeting." Marcus had to explain further.

Damon's eyebrows shot up in a way that showed that he had remembered.

Then he rolled his eyes next.

"Cancel it, I'm not in the mood." was all he said.

Marcus looked stunned.

"Uh, Alpha, I don't think I can do that, they are already on their way here." Marcus tried to reason with him.

Damon shook his head in a firm no.

"I have a splitting headache, I am not in the mood for any dumbass meeting. Call them and tell them to go back and postpone it or get them accomodation and make it tomorrow. I am not sitting through any meeting today." Marcus nodded and sighed in defeat.

He nodded an 'Alpha' again before he turned and seemed to have finally noticed me.

He gave me a quick nod and left.

Damon sighed and walked over to where Anastasia was sitting.

She had already fallen asleep.

He turned the TV off and made his way to the stairs.

On his way there he brushed passed me. He went a further three or so steps and stopped. Then he took two steps backwards and came back to me.

He growled lowly.

"And please take a damn shower... " he told me and started walking away again. "You still fcking smell like him." he said the last part under his breath but I still caught it.