Chapter 26

I was currently sitting on the sofa in Mavis' room.
Mavis had offered for me to sit on her bed with her but I really didn't want to, considering what I witnessed two days ago on that same bed.

There was nothing really wrong with it, but at the moment it just felt weird sitting on the bed with that image still fresh in my mind.
I vaguely wondered if they've changed the sheets since then, while I stared at the bed as though I had ultra violet vision.
But I haven't told her that I saw anything, now that would just make things even more awkward.

Yes, it had been two days since that incident, two days since I last left the house and oddly enough, two days since I last saw Damon.

Today I decided to come see Mavis again and hoped that she would be less 'busy'.

Luckily, when I knocked and entered this time, she was lying on her bed watching Tv.

She said James left last night to attend to some issues.

So here we were.

In her, I mean their, room. Its a pretty cool room actually, and its quite large.
I'm guessing it's due to the fact that James is third in command, that is the Gamma.
But I'm sure they'll eventually move out and get a house for themselves. Some day.

"So, why don't you wanna lie on my bed?" Mavis asked me without taking her eyes off the TV, taking a bite of her pop tart.

Whaaaaat?

"I don't understand. There's no reason, I just felt like sitting here. Air circulation at this place is just right." I played it off coolly.

She looked at me like I was stupid.

"I asked you to come lie with me and all you did was stare at the bed and look at me then you shut your eyes and just pointed to the couch. I'm not stupid." Mavis concluded raising her brow.

Huh, I thought I had been very subtle about that and played it off coolly.

"Well..." I trailed off. Mavis gave me the quit-stalling-and-get-on-with-it look.

"I was kinda here two days ago." I told her.

"Okay... then what?" She asked me to elaborate further.

I didn't want to, of course.

"Two days ago, around noon... you had company... very compromising position..." I finally stopped when I saw her facial expression telling me she had finally gotten it.

Her eyes were like the size of two golf balls. She turned absolutely red and buried her face in her pillow and let out a shrill scream.

After about five minutes she brought her head up slightly.

"Please, please tell me you didn't see that." she couldn't even look me in the eye.

"Oh but I did, that's why-" I wanted to say but she cut me off.

"Please tell me you didn't see that!" She looked horrified.

For her own peace of mind...

"No, I didn't see anything. If that helps you sleep at night." I lightly chuckled. It made me feel a bit better that someone feels worse about it than I do.

Does that make me a bad person?

"Trust me it will." Mavis said and let out a sigh.

I laughed again.

Then there was a knock at the door.

Mavis looked at me.

"Are you expecting someone?" She whispered to me.