Chapter 17

I was feeling like a double update so here you go.;-) Remember to vote and comment, I wanna know what you think.
Thanks, you guys are awesome.

………………………………………………

He didn't stare at me for long, then he walked past me and went to his seat and sat down.

Everyone else sat afterwards.

I clumsily sat in my seat feeling some weird stares on me.

Bernice and some other women entered the hall and started serving the food, starting with the Alpha. Then, Marcus, James, Mavis then soon it was my turn.

Our meal was eaten in complete silence with the exception of Damon occasionally speaking with Marcus.

I just picked on my food, never looking up. I felt a bit shy and out of place, especially after what Damon just did a few minutes ago.

It was very weird.

I kept my head down but stole occasional glances at Damon. He was facing Marcus and speaking undertone with him.

His dimples appeared in his cheeks each time he chewed food.

If it wasn't for his cold calculating eyes, he'd actually look cute.

He was still speaking to Marcus as he turned to look at me, making direct eye contact even though we're like four seats apart. That and the fact that I was trying to use my hair as a curtain shield.

I looked down feeling blood rush to my cheeks, stupid.

The rest of the meal consisted of me keeping my head down and not looking up, at all.

Apparently when we were done eating we had to wait for the 'Alpha' to finish and leave the table first.

Ridiculous.

And since he was having a serious chat with Marcus whilst eating he was no where near finishing.

So we basically spent the rest of our morning there.

***

"Woah, what was that?" Mavis asked once we were outside.

Damon finally left with Marcus and James following closely behind. We were currently walking in the garden that's at the back of the pack house.

"What was what?" I asked confused kicking the ground slightly with my shoes. I turned my head a bit to look at her.

"With the Alpha, when he entered?" She elaborated using some slight hand gestures.

"Why are you asking me? I have no idea. He's so strange." I said sighing and looking back on the ground. I really don't understand him. And what he did was really weird.

"Do you think other people noticed?" I asked looking at her again. People should be wondering by now why he always looks at me like that.

"I don't know, most of their heads were down. I don't think they did."

I sighed and continued walking along the path.

"Do you speak to Rose a lot?" I asked Mavis changing the topic completely as we continued walking on the slightly damp grass.

"What do you mean?" She asked stopping and turning to face me with a slight crease in between her eyebrows.

"Today was the first time I've seen Rose since we left our cells, and Damon did mention she was in the Elders pack home. Like, are you allowed to go see her?"

"Oh, yeah, of course. I go to see her, she stays there with the other elders. She and Evelyn are the only elders from our pack that... survived." Mavis said with a sad sigh as she finally found an appropriate word and started to walk again.

"She must be pretty bored there." I said. Not knowing anyone at all and stuck with only Evelyn. I say 'stuck with' because Evelyn isn't your average elder. Let's just say her mind is always in different realms.

"Oh, on contrarẻ, she has this new guy friend, he keeps her company, they are always together. They even sat together at the table today." She said.

"Oh really, I didn't look at the person she was sitting by."

Mavis was about to say something else when she was stopped by a voice calling her from afar.

"Mavis!" We both turned around to see Ryan jogging towards us.

"What the hell is in your ears? Or have you suddenly gone deaf or something, jeez." Ryan said as he reached us, he was panting slightly as he placed his hands on his knees to catch his breath.

"Well, you're out of shape." Mavis laughed. It made me giggle.

Ryan immediately straightened his posture and tried to puff his chest out.

"I am very in shape for your information." he scoffed folding his arms across his chest. Mavis and I laughed at his childish comeback.

"Anyway,... I actually came to ask you if you've seen Daryl and James, we have final practice before the game this afternoon." He continued.

"Wait, what game?" I asked.

"Soccer game, this afternoon, you should totally come." he said and winked at me.

"Well, I dunno about Daryl but James is with the Alpha." Mavis answered.

"Well if you see any of them tell them to get their butts down to the soccer field." Ryan said and jogged away from us.

"Are you gonna go?" I asked Mavis.

She shrugged.

"I don't know, you wanna go?" She asked me.

"Do we have anything better to do?"

She cocked her head slightly indicating that I had a point.

"You're right... besides I'll get to see James play." she squealed her eyes lightening up. I smiled a bit as we continued walking around.

Then my smile immediately dropped.

So did Mavis's.

I smelt him before I saw him.

And before I knew it he was standing right in front of us, blocking our path.

Damon.

He was glaring at me.

And he looked fricking pissed.

Oh c'mon, what did I do now?!