Chapter 11

I woke up abruptly to the sound of something crashing.
The bathroom door was broken down and Damon stood before me looking frantic and hot, sweat glistening off his bare chest.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him sitting up, not fully aware of what was going on. I was still in a haze.

He ignored my question and came over to me and picked me up in his arms. I slung my arms around his neck and looked him in the eyes.

"Damon?" I asked warily, he was acting weird. Why was he here?
And where was here again?
He looked me in my eyes his blue eyes shining.

"Shhhh..." he said before leaning in to place a soft kiss on my lips. Then he pulled back with a small smile.
And I was just staring at him wide eyed.
Shocked. But I couldn't help it, something warm stirred inside me.
A small smile creeped onto my face.

"I'm sorry." he said not breaking eye contact.
I smiled and buried my face in his chest. He held me tighter.

He's sorry?

He's sorry. Finally.

"I love you." he added.

Wait, what?

I love you, I love you, I love you. I love you...

"Adriane, what are you doing in here?" I suddenly woke up staring at a sad looking Latifah.
I sat up abruptly, which had been a bad idea, banging my head against the toilet.
I heard the sound echo in my skull more than I actually felt it.

"Ow." I whined, the pain setting in.

I looked around feeling even hazier than before and having forgotten for a brief moment where I was.
What had happened. It all came back immediately though.

Hm, I was still in the bathroom.
Wtf?! I was dreaming?
I groaned.

Of course I was dreaming.

"Oh, I'm sorry dear." she rushed to me and inspected my forehead.

"We better put some ice on that." she said offering me a hand to stand up.

She led me out of the bathroom and into the room with a bed.

I stopped suddenly.

The room wasn't a room with a bed anymore. It could now be considered a bedroom. There was a closet by the night stand now, the nightstand had a bedside lamp on it. The bed was now a bed, with sheets, pillows and a fluffy looking blanket. All a nice flowery pattern. The creepy window now had a thick blue curtain on it, although it wasn't drawn yet. But the morning view of the woods did little to creep me out, it looked nice.
I gaped at Latifah.

She chuckled. "Minor renovations, now come, before it gets swollen." she said pointing to my forehead and walking out of the room and into the kitchen. I felt like she was exaggerating a bit since the pain had already gone by now but I followed her out anyway.

The rest of the little cottage had been cleaned up too. All the windows now had curtains, thankfully, the fire place had been filled with wood, the table behind the couch had a table cloth now and there were two chairs by it.

There was even a little coffee table by the couch and the kitchen was spotless and I didn't miss the smell of food that was cooking on the stove.
Latifah walked to the refrigerator and opened the freezer part, that wasn't empty anymore, and removed a frozen ice pack. She handed it to me. I placed it on my head.

"When did you..." I said at loss for words, gesturing towards, everything.

"Its two in the afternoon, I came here at seven, I had a lot of time and some help." she shrugged, stirring what ever was in the pot. My stomach rumbled.
Two? Already? Wow, I guess I really slept in.