Chapter 43

I came up out of the water feeling refreshed.
The cool water soothing my heated skin.

I wiped my face with my hand, water droplets running down to my chin, and then opened my eyes.

Wait.

I wiped my face?

With my hands?
I have hands again!

I looked down. Which didn't really do much since ninety percent of my body was underwater, but I could still make out my swimming naked figure under the water.
Crap.

I had already shifted back.
Really?
Now???

You choose now to leave????

I don't see any better time.

I'm naked for Pete's sake!

Your problem, not mine.

Our problem.

Our friggin problem!

I could practically hear her laughing in my head. What was this, some sort of practical joke or something?

You need to start getting comfortable in your own skin, you're a werewolf, occasions will rise.

Definitely not like this!

I looked around desperately looking for an answer.

My clothes.

Which are ripped and shredded to pieces a few kilometers from this place.

There is no way I can run back naked.
There is no way I'm doing that.

I'll be in a mental asylum before I know it.

Okay, calm down, calm down.
There has to be a rational solution to this.

I think there should be some clothes scattered around this area for guards who shift right?

Maybe behind some trees?

I'll just have to wait for the sun to go down a bit then I'll look for them.

Yes, that sounds like a plan.

So I waited.

And waited.

And today happened to be one of those days that the sun decided to put in extra time, just staying up there, unwavering.
Mocking me.

So I waited some more.

I tried to keep my head as low as possible in case someone comes around.

The water that had felt so cool and  refreshing when I first entered was beginning to feel cold and chilly.
I wasn't feeling it anymore.

The current was also getting stronger and was taking a lot of my energy staying afloat at one place.

I swam over to the waterfall near the rocks and perched there. The sound of the water falling and hitting rocks at the bottom did make an awful amount of noise now that I was so near it, but other than that, the place seemed quiet.

For a while the place was silent but then I managed to hear a rattle in the bushes over the sounds of the waterfall.

I turned my head and crouched down even lower into the water, using some of the rocks as a shield.

My heart was racing as I was looking at the thick bush with whatever was lurking behind it.

My eyes widened when from inside the bush out jumped a...

Squirrel.

Huh.

It just came to the river bank drank some water and it was gone, up in a tree.