Chapter 15

He rose his eyebrows waiting for my answer.

"Adriane." I said as he came to the couch and sat down beside me.

He offered me his glass.

I shook my head gently saying no. He smiled and shrugged and took a sip of his drink.

"Well, Adriane I haven't seen you around here before, so I guess you are from the new pack that joined?" he asked me turning his head and looking at me while flipping some of his bangs off his forehead.

"Yeah." I said turning to look at the television. I wanted to avoid any uncomfortable stares.
I'm an awkward person.

"What are you doing up so late?" He asked me whilst taking another sip of his juice. Someone sure likes asking questions.

"Couldn't sleep." I simply shrugged.

And now, I don't think I will be able to with someone here engaging me in a conversation.

"Me too." he responded.

We sat in awkward silence for a while, well it was awkward for me, until I started to feel sleepy.

I turned to look at him and saw that his eyes were closed.

He's asleep, good.

I got up quietly and rounded the couch and headed towards the stairs.

"Good night Adriane." I heard him call from the couch. I turned to see him looking at me from behind the couch.

A lazy smile tugging at his lips.

It made me smile a little.

"Night." I said and walked up the stairs and back to my room.

***

A knock at my door woke me up.

I groaned and buried my face in my pillow. The person knocked again, louder this time.
Maybe if I ignore the person long enough they'll just go away.

"Adriane? Are you alright? Can I come in?" I heard Ramona say from the other side of the door. I tried to ignore her and just keep sleeping, but when she didn't get a response she opened the door and came in anyway.

I heard her footsteps approaching me until she sat on the bed.

"Adriane, you have to wake up, we can't be late for training." she said shaking me awake.

Training? They do that awful thing here too?

That means its five in the morning or even earlier. Ugh!

"Is it a must?" I asked her. My voice was still very groggy from the sleep. I didn't want to get up, I must have slept at two am this morning only to be woken up at five o'clock.

"Yes, it is, unless you want to be on toilet duty." she warned me.

I didn't know what toilet duty was like here but I didn't want to find out. I ripped the sheets off my head and got out of bed when a thought occurred to me.

"Wait, is the Alpha leading the training session?" I asked her. If he was, then I would stay home, toilet duty or not.

I do not want to see him.

"No, the Alpha only comes on Saturdays to see the progress the pack's made. Our Beta leads the training sessions." She answered.
I nodded, grateful she decided not to ask the question that was obviously on her mind at my question. I went to the bathroom to quickly brush my teeth.

When I came back in she was standing by the door, obviously in a hurry to leave.

Ramona was wearing her training gear, a tank top and yoga pants and her hair was in a nice ponytail. I didn't really need to change, since what I was wearing was good enough for a training session. I didn't plan on doing much.
I just need shoes...