Chapter 32

The rest of the week kinda followed the same pattern.

I saw Mavis a few times but not as much as I wanted to. I hardly left the house, mainly because there was no place for me to go.

Damon is constantly not around and Anastasia has been screaming the house down which is slowly driving me to suicide.

Trust me, a pitch like that should be illegal.

So, today, I decided to have a lazy day.
Isn't everyday a lazy day for you?

No, today's a real lazy day. I'm going to just while away time in the backyard.

Even though it hurts me that I left my Percy Jackson books back at the cottage I was able to find some books here in the bookshelf by the dining hall.

So, here I was lying on a sun lounger at the backyard with the sun warming me a cool breeze cooling me at the same time. The backyard was huge and it had a large pool right at the centre. It had been covered though, which made me believe that he hardly ever used it.
Maybe I will use it one day. Just not today.

I had a glass of lemonade in one hand and a book in the other.

"The Mark Of Athena." the title of the book read.

I think I'm going to like this book.

***

I was woken up by the harsh wind that was gripping at my hair and my dress. I opened my eyes and realized it had already gotten dark.

Wait, I couldn't have slept that long, surely?

I looked at my wrist watch and saw that it was only four o'clock.

I looked up at the sky again and saw that it was covered with thick black clouds.

"Its gonna rain heavily tonight." I said getting up quickly and stretching.

I packed up the sun lounger and took my book and the empty glass and went back inside through the kitchen back door.

When I got to the hall I saw a mini tent made up of dining hall chairs and blankets.

Latifah was standing beside it and adjusting the blankets slightly.

I gave her a confused look.

"Ana dear, she's terribly afraid of storms." she said gesturing her hand outside.

"I'm not afraid, I'm - I'm just taking necessary precautions, that's all." a tiny voice said from inside the tent.

Yep, she didn't sound scared, at all.

Then the first lighting struck, followed by a loud clap of thunder.

"Aaaaaaaahhhhh!" I heard little cries coming from within the tent.

Aww, poor thing, she must be terrified.

"Anastasia, are you scared?" I asked her after the thunder stopped.

"No." I heard her sniff. Stubborn little wolf.

"That means you wouldn't want me to join you in there?"

"I'm not saying that, you can join me if you're scared." her voice was still small.

I just laughed and so did Latifah and I went to join her in her little fortress.

Surprisingly it was quite comfy there. It was warm and cozy and she had probably stuffed about twenty teddies in there with her and she had buried herself under them.

Once I was in she seemed to relax a bit even though I could see the tears on her face.

She hurriedly wiped them and looked at me.