Chapter 105

We made plans.
We had strategies.

But we also had to be careful.
They might be watching us, we have to make sure they don't figure out what we're up to.
This is part of the reason why we haven't disclosed the actual issue and plan of events to many people. We also didn't want to create panic in the pack.

I had been training more and more these past few weeks, but with everything going on now, I kicked my training up even further to the last gear.
Damon going all out.
These days during our tackle training, I feel like he's genuinely trying to kill me, which makes my survival instinct kick in and I'm able to fight back just as viciously.

Damon has been training all his life and he's stronger than I am, but I believe I'm beginning to hold my own.

Hunting is also taking a different turn.
I usually don't like eating much of the kill anytime we go out for hunts, but now, I did. I ate a lot. A whole lot, and then some. I caught larger game. I ate them all. I needed to bulk up and fuel up especially to keep up with the intense training.
I needed every ounce of strength I could get.

It was only after I shifted that I realised my moonstone had shifted along with me. Either that or that is some very elastic gold chain which is now hung around my neck, still fairly loose and not choking me like you'd expect.
I'd been surprised, as was Damon I believe. It was just one of those days where we sprung up and just shifted mid jump, disregarding all our clothing.

It was only after our sprint that we realized we still had them on.
And even better for us.
I wouldn't have wanted to take it off anyway. Especially not now.

****

With Sorayah currently out of town, or more like back in her town, and Evelyn gathering up all her energy to do the spell that we need, I had to pull out all the stops. And that included fiding out if we have been blessed enough to have one or two healers in our pack.

I couldn't go off speculation anymore and I need to know, be sure.

Evelyn sat next to me in the living room, just holding my hand, and energizing herself. The irony of that wasn't lost on me.
Evelyn had to use me as a power bank in order to cast a spell that would help us defeat the people that want to use me as a power bank. Great.

But I felt completely fine with Evelyn. She wasn't hurting me nor my wolf. I made sure of that every minute.

You good?

Just hungry, but besides that, I'm great.

Hungry? You ate a whole 200 lbs boar last night!

Yes, and today is a new day. You're the one who started this new intense feeding and buffing up routine, I was completely fine with what you were eating for us but now I have a craving for fresh meat.
Don't start what you can't finish.

I laughed.
Okay, don't worry, we'll hunt after training tonight.

Outside on the lawn I heard footsteps approaching.
Mara and Aaliyah were here.

I'd sent for them so they could have a formal meeting with Evelyn.

Evelyn was going to do that freaky thing she did to me when she first met me and read their blood and aura.

And hopefully confirm that we have two healers.

There was a knock at the door and I got up to open the door after excusing myself from Evelyn.

"Glad you could make it on such short notice." I said to Mara and Aliyah, and also giving a brief nod to the guards stationed outside the door after they gave me the all clear that they'd been inspected.