Chapter 56

"Okay here goes nothing."
I was currently gripping the steering wheel of Damon's Range Rover.
The address already entered into the GPS.

After Damon had disappeared earlier that night I decided to take the opportunity to get to my family as quickly as possible before I suddenly chickened out.
I knew it was a bad idea, but I just needed to get to them.

I had to make quick work of lying to the guards when they saw me in the car, that Damon had asked me to come pick him up from wherever it is that he was.

They didn't really buy my story so I turned to use the Luna command before they had a chance to mind link him and they obeyed me like puppies.

Hmm, I should use that command more often.

Yeah, that's is you ever get the chance again.

Now with the minimal driving skills I posses I should be able to get this thing there without harm right?

Wrong.

After a gruesome three hour journey I had successfully crashed into five trees, which is only practical since I was driving through the woods, I'm not that bad at driving.
I hit a warthog or whatever animal that was, it was too dark to tell and it immediately scurried off after I hit it anyway.
I also run into the side of a mountain all because the directions made me pass a forest road for a long while. Literally every part of the car was in ruins.
By the time I hit open road, the front bumper was hanging so low that it actually scraped the ground as I drove. Great.

Damon would so kill me when he finds out.

That's if you make it back alive.

It's amazing the amount of faith you have in me.

I know you. I'm being practical. You're just sending us off to die.

I sighed and let out a small laugh at the same time. I guess I was more nervous than I realised.

I took a right turn after about twenty minutes on the road that led me down a gravel path.
I continued following the directions till I came to a stop in front of an old large house near the bank of the river.

The house looked very creepy and very unused.

Eroding walls.
Some shattered windows.
A broken door.

And a lonely boat tied to the side of the house slowly floating atop the river. Rocking back and forth gently.

And by the time of day, I was more than freaked out by the sight. It was quite dark here, with no street lights around. Only the light of the car headlights was illuminating this scene. I left the car on and sat still.

I stayed there waiting.
What now?

I really should have thought things through more carefully.

No kidding Einstein.

I was just about to grab my phone when it vibrated.

I took it out and read a new message.
"Step in through the main door."

Wait, can she already see me?
Well, I guess it's time then.

I took my phone again, typed in my current address and locked the screen.

Okay. Take it easy.
Go in, get your family and get out.
Simple.

You wish.

Aren't you ever the optimist.

Maybe I should have brought a weapon.
Like a gun.
Yes, a gun would have been splendid.

One problem. You don't know how to use a gun. Or where to have gotten one.