Chapter 82

The sun was literally at its peak in the sky, tormenting us with it's harsh rays.

Damon decided to drive us instead of walking to the pack house.
The car he brought, I had not seen before. He just pulled up in it out of nowhere.

I remember going into the garage one day with him to see his small collection of cars. I'd seen them all, and this one wasn't part.

It was an underground garage with an opening for the cars at the back of the house near the garden shed. We entered through the far end of the foyer, a door that had a couple of steps leading downstairs, but not as far down as where the underground cells are located.

I guess that's what contributed to the lack of stuffy dungeon air in this place. That and the fact that this place was actually nice and almost cosy looking.
These stairs even had a rail guiding them down.

He flicked a light on at the end of the staircase and I watched as small blue and white balls of light lit up one by one along the edges of the room. As they came on one at a time, they illuminated the garage further, thereby slowly revealing the cars that lay hidden beneath his house.
The lights weren't too bright though, but just enough to see.

I ended up counting seven cars, all arranged in a neat form of a semi-circle facing the entrance leading to the backyard.

He felt like taking a midnight drive that day and I just so happened to be awake and downstairs.

Actually, I'd gone downstairs to look for a snack, I needed a pack of sour cream and onion Pringles to go along with my binge watching of that's 70s show. So when he came downstairs looking like someone that had tossed in bed for hours trying to sleep and literally caught me with my hand stuck inside a pringles pack at 1am, in my pjs, we both had to let out a laugh.

"Woah." Was all I said while moving forward a bit, admiring his cars.
The place suddenly became really bright and I turned back to see that he had switched on another set of lights. This time, the normal white lights above us on the ceiling.

I noticed that the switch to both sets of lights were at the same place, right at the end of the stairs.

I turned and smiled at him.

"Is there a reason you didn't turn on these lights," I pointed to the ceiling lights above me, "the first time and you went with the show stopping disco ball lights?"

I looked at the tiny balls that were going off now but in the same fashion in which they turned on, one after the other.
Till they were all out.

"Were you trying to flex your collection to me or what?" I gave him a sly smile.

More like impress. My wolf had told me.

He only smiled at me and shook his head.
"C'mon, let's go." I turned around again, and this time seeing the cars very clearly I saw his black Range, the van, a really large grey pick up truck with 'Tundra' written boldly at the back, a wine coloured jeep, two other smaller sports cars and,

"Is that a beetle?" I said gushing over the cute pink 70's style beetle next to the minivan at the rear.
The thought of him actually driving this made me want to laugh. "Never knew pink was your colour." I teased.

You didn't see the blue Lamborghini right in front of you, it's the beetle you saw.

Yhup.

I laughed.

"It is not my colour." He gave me a pointed look which only made me want to laugh further. He'd actually look cute in it as I thought about it more. "It belonged to my mother." He simply stated.