Chapter 35

"You're a bastard you know that? Believe me it wouldn't take me more than a snap of my fingers to get rid of you." a voice said in a distance sounding very pissed.

"Of course it would." I heard a more familiar voice chuckle from beside me.

I tried to open my eyes but my eyelids were too heavy.
And honestly, the more I drifted away from my surroundings, the more peaceful I felt.
But I knew I had to get back to reality. Whatever it was.

"I would love nothing more than to kill you right now." the other voice said clearly getting angrier.

This time I forced to open my eyes.
And they did.
Slowly but surely, my eyelids peeled themselves off of my eyeballs and I could see again.

I tried to sit up so I could adjust to my surroundings properly.

"Argh" I couldn't stop the grunt that came out of my mouth.

I felt like a million daggers were digging into my flesh all at the same time.

My hands, that were now free of the chains, immediately flew to the crook of my neck.

Oh no.
Someone bit me.

"Oh look who's awake now."

I looked around.

Damon lay at the same corner with only a couple chains this time but his body lay limp on the floor. A couple dozen empty syringe shots lying by his side. The scent of wolfsbane heavy in the air, making me feel even sicker than I already do.

His back was rested against the wall.

I looked at Alpha... Jax.
Yeah, that's it.

He seemed slightly ruffled up from their fight but aside his clothes and hair he looked fine.
He just kept staring at me with a weird expression on his face.

I also saw another man standing in the corner of the room. Staring straight ahead, looking at the wall opposite him with a briefcase tightly in hand.
He looked like a guard on duty, aside from the briefcase of course.

I tried to sit up.

Then my neck hurt again.
The place were I was bitten.

I shut my eyes and held my wound.

When I opened my eyes again Alpha Jax was still looking at me but his expression was bitter now.

"That idiot did it. I would never hurt you like that." He looked as if he actually meant that.

I could feel the rhythm of my heartbeat approach somewhat normal after he said that. I didn't even know that I had been so anxious to find out who did it till I actually found out who did.

Damon regarded him silently with slight satisfaction on his face.
Jax shook his head in frustration. "You just had to do it again, didn't you? Have your own way no matter the cost. Claiming things that are not yours." He growled at Damon.

"Everything I have is mine. You are not taking anything away from me."

Thing?
Are they talking about me or the land?
It better be the land.

"I don't really think you're in the position to hold that ground that you think you have at the moment. But I am. You've just made things worse for yourself and sadly for her too by marking her. A halfway completed mate bond?" he let out a sinister chuckle. "I'd love to see what happens to you when the strain of the incomplete mating process takes it's toll on you. Because I'm certainly not letting you finish it."

Damon remained silent.
And I just sat there, listening to all this. I don't know if it's because of the mark, but I felt so weak. Like I only had energy to sit and struggle to breathe.
Is it always like this?