Chapter 85

My ears hadn't been as sharp lately.
But I know what I heard.

I heard it loud and clear.
And at that moment I knew I would remember it for ever.

I loved him. I knew I did. And I knew he had feelings for me too. But actually hearing him say it?
That struck different.
It was almost like a dream.

A dream I had had so many times and now was finally coming true.

At night his eyes seemed three shades darker, deep blue hues staring right into me. So light, so different from the first time we met.
We've come quite a far way from our first encounter. He's definitely not the same as he was back then.
I almost laughed at the thought.

I looked down at our hands. His still securely holding mine.
Before, he'd even refused to get close to me, or make eye contact.
And just look at us now.

He loves me. And he'd confessed it as well.

I slowly pulled my hands out of his.
I looked up and smiled at his confused expression.
Reaching out, I cupped both sides of his face with my hands and pulled him down for a kiss.
As simple as that.

I kissed him slow and meaningfully and he kissed me back just the same.

I love you too.

I mind linked to him, since my mouth was otherwise busy.

His arms came round me pulling me impossibly close as he deepened our kiss. And I was loving every moment of it.

Inevitably, our need for air caused us to break apart. We pulled back slightly, his forehead resting on mine.

My eyes still closed.

I felt him stroke the side of my face, brushing some hair out of the way. It tickled slightly as he did it.
I smiled and opened my eyes to look up at him.

A thought suddenly came to mind.

"So you're already thinking about kids huh?" I rose my brow at him.
The thought was both cute and funny, but in actual fact, I think we know that I wasn't ready yet to mother anyone.

He gave a slight shrug. "Never too early to start dreaming, is it?" He smiled.

A completely different man.

And I was glad I had something to do with it.

"No, no it isn't." I smiled back. "I sometimes find myself wondering if little Konstantin would have your eyes." I said admiring his beautiful blues, which is why I noticed the immediate scowl that appeared in his face.

I pulled back a bit studying him.

"Konstantin?"

"Yes, Konstantin if we have a boy someday."

He just frowned further which honestly was beginning to look quite comical.

"I knew I had to rethink that whole equal rights on naming our kids thing."

I rolled my eyes at him and punched his shoulder again.
Again, no effect.
"Konstantin is a beautiful name!" I defended.

I actually hadn't really thought much of baby names yet, cause let's face it, I'm barely nineteen. Kids are still in my very distant future plans.

Konstantin just kind of popped into my head, but I actually do wonder if our kids would have his eyes. And dimples. And his beautiful smile.

Maybe more of my personality though, I can't imagine how I'm gonna handle a constantly brooding four year old.
That thought made me laugh.