Chapter 41

I turned to look at him with a probably stupid expression on my face.

What does he mean by that?

"Huh?"

He rolled his eyes and sighed.

He has nice eyes...

Shut up.

"My mother obviously thinks I'm being unreasonable, so I'll try and be reasonable. Maybe you have some hidden skill or talent, sincerely, I highly doubt that. But I'll give you a chance, prove me wrong. Feel free to show me all you got. We're out in an open field..." He gestured towards the wide plain of field.

Oh no.

This was worse than dying.
He wants to...

Train.

You lazy idiot.

Hey!

I didn't really know how to respond to his statement so I went with the most ladylike and appropriate response I could muster.

"Huh?" I was still trying to take everything in. How'd he go from kicking me out to this?

He narrowed his eyes at me and shook his head.

He looked up to the sky for a minute before turning back to look at me.

"How many miles can you do?"

"Miles?"

"Yes, how many can you run? Top speed, no break?"

He said it like he was speaking to a child.

Hmm...
How many?
I don't know if I can even do one.

"Lemme just make a quick guess, you don't know right?"

I didn't respond.

Then he sighed.

I watched on in slow motion as his hands moved to the back of his shirt and pulled it off, over the top of his head.

Oh my.

Don't look Adriane, be strong. Do not under any circumstance look at his torso.
You are a strong independent woma-

I looked.

And I didn't regret it.

At least not right away.

His body actually glistened in the afternoon sun. And he had a really nice tan that outlined his abs...

His skin looked so smooth and firm.
And his muscles flexed with every movement he made.

He tied his shirt around one of his arms.

He looked at me.

"If you don't mind could you stop with the staring, and lets continue."

Oh crap.

He caught you oogling him.

It's the stupid mate bond, it's gotten worse ever since he bit me. This stupid animalistic pull I get every time I see him is begining to get on my nerves.

Is it now?

I cleared my throat.
"What is the point of this exactly?" I said finally gathering my thoughts.

"What do you mean?"

"No, what do you mean? Let me remind you that barely four hours ago you were kicking me out of your territory and now we're here about to do some random assessment without any explanation? What is going on?" I had a straight face on, at least I hoped, looking him right in the eye.