Chapter 88

She took the end of the hose and used it as a makeshift mike, belting out the lyrics to a Disney song.
Sounded vaguely like 'Colours of the wind'.

She'd pause like every thirty seconds to ask her friend if he's turned the water on yet.
"Have you been able to turn it on yet?" She called out. She was quite a distance away from the tap so she couldn't really see him.

The little boy I was watching currently, was turning the tap on as quickly as he could, a small smile on his face.
"No! Not yet Cassie. Hold on!"

Scratch that.
A devious smile on his face.

I watched him, watching her, still holdind the hose up to her face, completely destroying the song, completely unaware of the water racing towards her.
It was cute.

I watched as the water made its way through the hose at an alarming speed. The little boy watching Cassie was almost unable to hide his amusement.

If she felt the pressure of the water streaming through the hose then she didn't show it, and if she did, she didn't make much of it. And if she did, then she didn't react on time.
Because one second she was singing holding up the end of the hose, the next second she'd abruptly stopped and in no time at all, water had splashed her face before she quickly let go of the hose.

The hose on the ground now, was slashing back and forth from the pressure of the water, wetting her even more.

By this time I'd finished screwing the tap back off since the little boy had turned it on to the fullest.
The little boy who by this time had burst into a laughing heap.

"I'm gonna kill you Philip!"

Ah, so that's his name.

He raced off speeding away from the girl rushing to her feet to attack him, but not without sticking his tongue out at her.
This made her even more mad.

Aw.
He totally had a crush on her.

"Funny how you started turning off the tap only after she'd been splashed." Mavis stated stalking towards me.
"You devious little girl." She laughed.

"I would have done the same," Mara laughed, watching the kids chase each other. "We can't stand in the way of the funny childhood stories those two would be telling their kids one day."

"Their kids?" Mavis laughed.

"She sees it too, they're totally crushing on each other." I laughed.

Cassie had caught Philip and was sitting on him, trying to compress all the air out of him as he squealed.

"Right? They're so cute. Boys only do that when they like you." Mara said laughing to herself, like she was caught in a memory.

"Or," Mavis started. "When they are your annoying little brother."

"Huh?" "What?" Mara and I said at the same time.
Mavis looked at us with a smug look on her face.

"They're siblings." Mavis stated, laughing at us.

"Huh. I read that completely wrong."
Mara looked stumped.
"Yhup, me too." I laughed.

Siblings. That makes sense too.

"They're always up to something when they come over to the pack house to play. Their parents live in one of the houses on the green ville section but they're almost always at the pack house."

"I'm sure their parents have to work a lot."

"Yeah, I think they work off pack grounds, I'm not really sure though." Mavis said with a light shrug.
"So it's mostly just them, that's why they get up to so much trouble."