Chapter 16

He introduced himself in a somewhat Mexican accent and making an 'r' sound at the end of his name. I'd never heard that name being pronounced like that before but it intrigued me.

I smiled.

He had brown hair that was slightly falling onto his forehead and faded at the sides. He had light brown eyes and a nice smile.

"Hi, I'm Adriane. I love your accent. I'm guessing you're from Mexico?" I said trying to start a conversation.

In that split second his eyes lit up like a Christmas tree.

He smiled an all white, tooth bearing smile and snapped his head toward Mavis who was staring at me with her jaw dropped.

What's going on?

"Ha! I told you someone would fall for it. You owe me twenty bucks." Antonio now said in a completely normal unforced American accent.

"I can't believe you just fell for that Adriane, seriously?" Mavis stared at me, a smile tugging at her lips.
She shook her head disappointedly.

"Wait, what? Why, you're not Mexican?" I said staring at Antonio.
Yes, I'm a bit slow, don't judge me.

"Nope." he said popping the 'p' and grinning down at me.

"I'm actually Daryl, fully American, at your service." he held his hand out once again for me to shake. I took it shaking him slightly and feeling a bit silly.

"Seriously Adriane, that was the worst Mexican impression I have ever heard. What kind of Mexican says ola and Antonio like that? He sounded like a fricking robot." Mavis chuckled and I joined her.

"Well I think my impression of a Mexican was spot on." Antonio, wait no, Daryl, defended.

"Please, you tried it on me the first time you saw me. Even a brainless three year old would see through that. No offense." Mavis turned to me at the end of her sentence.

"None taken." I smiled. I looked at Daryl one more time.

"Hey do you know you look a lot like-" I was about to say but he cut me off.

"Yeah, Ian Somerhalder, I get that a lot." he huffed running a hand through his hair trying to look hot I assume. Mavis scoffed.

"She was probably going to say Ryan you idiot." Mavis laughed.

"Actually, I was going to say Channing Tatum." I said.

"Really?" Daryl asked with a smile looking a bit surprised.

"No, more like Sheldon Cooper from the Big Bang Theory." I laughed seeing the disappointment in his face.

"I'll just ignore that, if you were wondering why I look like Ryan, then its because I'm his better looking younger brother." Daryl smiled.

Ryan?

Oh yeah the guy I met last night. Now that they mention it, they really did look alike, except for the differences in their hair colour and cut, they could almost pass as twins.

"You've met him right?" Daryl asked.

"Yeah, I assume he was the shirtless guy I met last night." I answered.

Mavis rose her eyebrows at me while Daryl laughed.

"Don't worry he's gay." Daryl explained laughing even more.

What?

"Would you stop telling everyone that?" Ryan just walked into the kitchen.

He smiled at Mavis and me.