Chapter 103

"Everyone was supposed to die that day. We were not taking any survivors. We fueled his rage and need for vengeance and then had him attack your pack. Although," She frowned, "he initially resolved to only sedating everyone while he went in search of the Alpha. We needed them dead not drugged, but that was only a minor hitch. We lit a fire," she snapped her fingers, a flame igniting on the the tip of her thumb, "and unconscious people cannot escape fires." She ended looking far too smug for my liking.

"We needed you all gone, and yet somehow here you are. You survived. He let you go. He was obedient in all things except for when it came to you." She gave me a once over like she couldn't fathom why anyone would have deemed me worthy of living at the time.
Apparently now I'm her prize.
Stupid bitch.

"At the time, we were upset, but now I realize, he couldn't have made a better decision for us. It all worked out perfectly, because as it stands now you are very important to us, and we do need you alive."

I scowled at her.
"Our current energy source is being depleted, rapidly. So we don't have much time. You don't. It is what it is. We need fresh blood. And I want to make this as peaceful as possible."

"You're saying this like I should be okay with it." I scowled at her.
They've got some nerve. Knowing very well they've been taking innocent wolves to fuel their life source for centuries.
No wonder my pack fought back.
It really is what it is, they are evil and they need to be stopped.

Peaches.

"We're not going to kill you Adriane."

"No? But you want to use me as a living blood bank?"

"Just turn yourself over Adrianne, and we will not attack your pack. Believe me, we are good at wiping packs out."

I didn't doubt her words. Not anymore.
And I certainly didn't want to risk it.
And with all she has said, if I attack her now and I'm not one hundred percent successful, that being, killing her completely, she'd retaliate. Even if I kill her now, the rest of her goonies would still attack.

It's either we get all or none.

Peaches.

"Surrender Adrianne. Do it now." She hissed at me.

Staring at her for a minute, I let the hardness in my eyes melt away.
I slumped my shoulders in defeat and willed some tears into my eyes.

And as if sensing the waver in my resolve she added. "You know where to find us. We'll be waiting for the next full moon." She waved her smug smile at me before she put out the candle and disappeared.

That didn't go according to plan. Well, plan A that is.

****

Damon entered the room immediately after I told him she was gone. They were all still waiting outside, ready to attack if needed.
The fact that I needed to tell him that and the questions he had for me made me realize that Sarah and I had been in a sort of bubble together. Everyone else couldn't hear us. They weren't even aware of us.

Damon said the only reason he knew I was still in there was because he could feel my presence through the bond, but aside from that there was nothing. No speech, no footsteps, no breathing, it was like we were in another dimension in the room.

I sighed.

"She was trying to get into my head the whole time." I said, remembering how she was trying to pry her way into my thoughts during our encounter. "But she couldn't, I put up a wall and all she was able to see was peaches."

"So she couldn't tell what you had planned?" Damon asked taking a seat beside me, eyeing the candle warily. Like he wasn't sure she was really gone.
And for all the time that we spoke, the candle never melted, not even the tiniest bit.