[73]

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The twins had moved all of their belongings downstairs, waiting impatiently for their escort to show up. Just as it did before, everything felt a little bit nostalgic and they roamed around the empty house, remembering the times when they were just kids, not caught up in any wars or responsible for the fate of an entire world.

"I still hate that cupboard to this day," Sara muttered as they opened the place under the stairs where they used to sleep until Hagrid made his frustration known to the Dursleys and they had to give them Dudley's second room.

Harry chuckled, half hugging his sister. "This is where it all started, even if we do hate it, it still was some kind of home."

Sara smiled. "Look at you, all emotional."

"Am not!"

"Are too!" she ruffled her brother's messy hair. "You know this feels like the end of an era."

"But maybe, after all of our efforts, this could also be a new beginning."

Sara put her head on Harry's shoulder. "You're right."

"You know, Sara, I don't really say this enough but I love you."

Her eyes went wide, Harry wasn't used to saying those kinds of things for her and she totally understood why; it felt really nice to hear those words from him. "I love you too, Harry, despite everything that is going to fall upon us."

"I know," he whispered, kissing her forehead.

It had always been so hard for them and the bond they shared once was not the bond they shared now, it was broken and put together with quick repair charms, but Sara was glad that it was at least there, because they could save themselves at some point.

There was a sudden, deafening roar from somewhere nearby. The twins looked at each other, their wands already in their hands. They stalked into the kitchen and went right to the window.

The darkness seemed to be rippling, the air itself quivering. Then, one by one, figures began to pop into sight as their Disillusionment Charms lifted. Dominating the scene was Hagrid, wearing a helmet and goggles and sitting astride an enormous motorbike with a black sidecar attached. All around him other people were dismounting from brooms and, in two cases, skeletal, black winged horses. 

Wrenching open the back door, the twins hurtled into their midst. There was a general cry of greeting as Hermione flung her arms around them, Ron clapped Harry on the back, and Hagrid said, "All righ', kids? Ready fer the off?"

"Definitely," said Harry, beaming around at them all. "But we weren't expecting this many of you!"

"Change of plan," growled Mad-Eye, who was holding two enormous, bulging sacks, and whose magical eye was spinning from darkening sky to house to garden with dizzying rapidity. "Let's get undercover before we talk you through it." 

Sara followed everyone back into the kitchen, feeling awkward around them. It was a rescue mission for both but she knew everyone was actually here for Harry and only taking her along because she was his sister. She wished Nico would have showed up as well.

"Mom said at least one of the boys should stay home," Ron explained, putting a hand on her shoulder. "You'll see him in no time."

She nodded, faking a little smile.

Mad-Eye explained how the twins were going to travel and the way they would confuse the attackers if any showed up tonight. It was a good plan but none required that they would use polyjuice potion to turn into her.