[34]

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Everybody, except Harry spent the following morning putting up Christmas decorations. Sara could not remember Sirius ever being in such a good mood; he was actually singing carols, apparently delighted that he was to have company over Christmas.

It was infectious, so after good hours of Sirius' singing echoing in her ears, she joined and would made Nico dance with her every time she would start singing.

They worked tirelessly in the run-up to Christmas Day, cleaning and decorating with their help, so that by the time Christmas Eve arrived, the house was barely recognizable. The tarnished chandeliers were no longer hung with cobwebs but with garlands of holly and gold and silver streamers; magical snow glittered in heaps over the threadbare carpets; a great Christmas tree, obtained by Mundungus and decorated with live fairies, blocked Sirius's family tree from view, and even the stuffed elf-heads on the hall wall wore Father Christmas hats and beards.

The kitchen was filled with different smells that brought joy to everyone. Mrs. Weasley was making different type of pies and sweets while Sara decided she would bake chocolate muffins as a 'get well soon' Christmas gift for Mr. Weasley.

The final thing she had to do was decorate them, not having a certain pattern, just making them look nice and delicious.

'Hello ladies!' Nico greeted, walking into the kitchen. Harry, Ron and the twins, who were still eating their breakfasts, raised a brow.

'Your mother saved you some eggs, toast and bacon before Ron could eat them all,' Sara said, eyes glued to her muffin work.

They heard a silent 'hey!' that came from Ron who's mouth was full of food. He then scoffed at Sara who stuck out her tongue at him when Mrs. Weasley wasn't looking.

'Oh what have you got here?' Nico asked and as soon as he got next to Sara he stole one of the muffins.

'Hey you idiot, those are for your dad!' she exclaimed, trying to get the muffin back but without success as Nico already began eating it.

'But you've got loads, I'm sure he can do without a few,' he teased, trying to steal another muffin.

'Agh, I hate you!'

'No, you love me,' Nico said and smiled down at her.

Sara rolled her eyes and felt everyone's eyes on them.

'Yeah, I do,' she smiled and in that moment even intended to kiss him but Nico managed to steal yet another muffin.

'Nicolas Weasley!' she yelled after the boy who ran before she could slap him.

As he tried to run out of the room, he hit something and fell on the ground. That something turned to be someone who helped Nico get up.

'Thank you—' he started.

'Remus!' Sara exclaimed. Her face lit up fully and she ran to hug her godfather.

'Hey there Sara,' he chuckled and patted her back.

'Oh thank Godric you are here! I don't know how much more I could tolerate Sirius' 'God Rest Ye, Merry Hippogriffs'!' she chuckled.

'Hey there redhead! You also sang with me!' Sirius yelled from beside Mrs. Weasley.

'How could you go through the Christmas holiday without hexing him?'

'I heard you!' Sirius said but his voice was more like a laugh than angry.

'Believe me, he and James were more annoying than ever.'

'Thank you Moony and you know, you look like hell.'

'It wouldn't be the first time, Padfoot,' Remus chuckled.

A few moments later Sirius reached for one of Sara's muffins but the girl slapped him before he could.

'Oh my Godric! Those are for Mr. Weasley!' she snapped and threw an angry look at Sirius.

'Definitely your father's daughter,' Sirius mumbled.

'You should have seen him after he lost a Quidditch match,' Remus started.

'Completely mental!' Sirius joined.

'But of course he couldn't catch the snitch as a chaser.'

'You should of seen Sara after Umbridge banned Harry, Fred and George,' Nico said.

'Completely mental!' the boys all sang.

'Agh, boys!' she exclaimed. 'Nicolas Weasley if I see you eat another muffin I will cut your arm off.'

'No you won't!' he laughed.

'Try me,' Sara said calmly, though her eyes were telling a whole other story.

'Alright!' Nico gave in.

Sirius and Remus sent each other a knowing look. There were a particular black haired boy and a redhead they knew that resembled the same two they had in front of their eyes. Except that those two were already in love.

'It's going to be a long Christmas,' Sara mumbled as Nico joined her in her muffin work.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───