[86]

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Narcissa clutched her head in her hands as she listened to the girl's heavy breathing. She wondered how her son didn't go insane just sitting there hours on end, waiting for something to happen.

Nothing really did.

Winter break was finished so Draco was back at school. Narcissa still had no idea why she promised him she'd look after the Potter girl.

Still, here she was, looking after the dammed ginger and making sure she kept the promise to her son. Loved really made you did weird things.

It was almost the end of January and Potter hadn't woke up from whatever happened to her in that chamber on Christmas day. All of her bruises and wounds had healed, not a scar left from the torture. Narcissa began to wonder if she had become like the Longbottom couple, their minds completely damaged, no recollection of who they were.

But Sara didn't look like that; she only looked tired.

Draco kept checking in on every weekend like a love sick puppy, Narcissa really didn't know what to make of it, but the girl kept her son going wether she liked it or not.

"You just keep pushing my buttons further and further every day," the woman whispered, rising her head to look at the girl's sleeping figure. She didn't receive anything for a response, not even a snore.

Narcissa raised her hands in exasperation. "Look at me here, talking to the sleeping sister my family's greatest enemy and I don't even feel the need to murder you in your sleep."

There was no clock in the room, but it was like the Malfoy could here a tick echoing inside her bones, leaving goosebumps down her arms; it was like the tick of Sara's life, like it left her bones every time the girl took a breath.

Bellatrix had explained that Voldemort found another way of torturing the girl that involved getting the walls on her mind down.

It hadn't worked in that chamber.

It didn't look like it was working now.

For whatever reason, Sara was holding on and she looked calm even if Narcissa knew that the Dark Lord was constantly trying to tear down her protective walls, to go in and take out everything, to try and replace her memories, to change her mind and also the side she was on in that war.

There was something interesting about the girl and the Dark Lord knew it, he sensed the power flowing through her veins and he intended to seize it for himself.

He ordered Narcissa to put her in the dungeon along with the goblin, Ollivander and the Lovegood girl.

Narcissa couldn't listen and did as her son wished.

So she was there, in the room the girl had been trapped in for over 6 months, watching her as she slept, as sometimes her brows would furrow and there would be sweat all over her brow.

Potter was putting all her energy into getting the Dark Lord out of her mind and sleeping it off, ignoring all of her other needs.

Like food.

Narcissa believed the girl had lost a little too much weight over the past month, something that for an already skinny girl could lead to a lot of problems.