[Bonus chapter #1]

a/n: these will come very randomly with timelines that don't connect to one another, just like this idea plopped into my head and refuses to leave
here's for the sara and remus lovers because goddaughter and godfather duos are the best<3

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

3rd year-Uncle Moony

The beginning of October was rather harsh for Remus, especially because of the full moon that had come and gone, leaving him still recovering; the pain in his hip was just the same as ever.

He hated that Snape had to fill in for him while he was gone because of his absolutely ridiculous assignments, it felt like he just wanted to make his students suffer. Remus racked his hands through his thinning hair, reading over said assignment.

He had no classes that afternoon and he didn't really expect the soft knock on the door that became a little insistent after a few minutes of silence; this reminded him of someone and of a life he himself has lived once when he roamed the same castle and knocked on Minnie's door, mostly for detentions, but also for advice.

"Come in," he said, fighting a chuckle, as the door was slowly open and a flash of ginger hair appeared through it.

"Good afternoon, professor," Sara Potter greeted. Ah, of course it would be her. Lovely girl, someone that awoke the ghosts from his past.

"Hello, miss Potter. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

To say he was surprised when the ginger Potter started ranting in front of him, wouldn't be true at all. James used to do that and it seemed that his daughter wasn't less than her father. But he didn't expect the words that slipped past her lips at all.

"I think you should call me Sara, don't you think? It should be fitting since you're my godfather and all that."

Remus' jaw might have hit the floor if he didn't compose himself fast, but the shock in his eyes was still very visible. How did she know? He was aware that neither Dumbledore, nor McGonagall told the twins about their godparents.

"I remember you, uncle Moony," Sara looked on the verge of tears as she said those five lovely words and Remus' hands actually started shaking, his heartbeat about to go out of his chest. The guilt was washing over him all over again, the way he couldn't make life better for his little flower, a girl so unexpected but so loved by everyone once she was born. To be fair, neither James nor Lily ever expected twins, but cried their eyes out when both were born.

She continued, the lovely thing making it very hard to not remind Remus of her father. "I've got a photographic memory, sometimes its too much, but this? I didn't make the connection to Sirius Black at first, I didn't think much of it. I always could remember my parents due to Harry and I talking about them whenever we got the chance, but neither of you were in there when I looked. You seemed so familiar on the train here and then in class your boggart was the bloody moon, of course I remembered, I think my earliest memories are of all of you getting together, meeting us. Though there's this fifth person whose face is always blurred. I remember you, uncle Moony. I remember how Sirius was Padfoot and he was dad's best friend, I remember him running around to catch Harry as he rode his tiny broom and you rocking me to sleep on your leg and I keep hearing this name-Peter Pettigrew, is he dead, what is going on?"

"Sara," Remus whispered, memories filling him. He couldn't decide which one she resembled more, James or Lily. She was so much like both of them, entirely, from the way she looked to the way she talked, to the way she ranted and moved her hands a lot while doing so, to the grin James always wore and Lily's posture.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝘒𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘈𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦 •°𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘗𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘴 🎉